Eskimo Wide 1 Inferno

• John Christesnen

I’m looking to get a new one man flip over and I need it to fit in the back of my car I have a hatchback and my back seats fold down

I’m leaning towards the Inferno because I want a thermal but I can’t find any reviews or anybody who has one to see how they hold up

Any ideas on other one man shelters?

Thanks,

Ducky

Paul Owens

Last year I bought a clam bigmouth thermal from gander mountain (I think it’s special for them) and it’s AWESOME. It’s full Thermal and folds up the smallest out of any flip-over i could find and I did a TON of research. size was huge for me cause my truck cover has limited space under it so I needed to have a sled that folded as sort as possible. I’ve been really happy with it. It’s similar to the wide 1 in how it expands giving you more fishing space. With my Buddy Heater going on low, I’m literally sitting in there in short sleeves with the door cracked open even on sub zero days. Toasty warm, and no condensation except fog on the windows. Been out in -30 and 45+ with driving rain and always been comfortable.

Rick Thelin

I just ordered a wide1 inferno and should have it in the next week. Be glad to review it as soon as possible. Should you get one before I do let me know what you think.

Rick Thelin

Just got my new house yesterday. Assembly was about 2-3 hours with a break for dinner. So far I am very impressed. Heading out in the am to give it the real test.

Rick Thelin

Was finally able to get on the ice a couple of days ago. All I can say is that it is very warm and comfortable. It is advertised as 18 inches high when folded down. The reality is with the seat mounted to the seat bracket it is about 21-22 inches. Just enough clearance in the box of my Ram with a trifold cover. Much easier to pull out than my 2 man otter I used the trip before. I’ve seen the review that Mix it up Outdoors did. The reason his bottom bar raises up when he sits back is because the skin is pulled to tight in the back. Not a problem with mine. I believe his post is of last years model. For me the seat height is perfect (I’m 6’1″). and swivel is very smooth. Just not sure yet how comfortable it will be on an all day trip. Overall I would give it a thumbs up.

John Christesnen

I finally just pulled the trigger and ordered one of these

Can’t wait to get it and test it out!!

Ducky

Rick Thelin

I think you made a good choice. With the holidays and work not been able get out again. I forgot to mention I use a little buddy heater to heat mine. It was in the teens with a good breeze and with the heater on low I was warm as toast. It’s nice to pop a hole flip the house and start fishing. Hole hopping will be easy. Let me know what you think…..

John Christesnen

Well I picked mine up today and got it all put together and the directions and part list is a joke.

Cheap Material I think opened it up and two bolts were already broke and it seems I was missing some parts.

The tarp was already ripped also.

I’m unsure what I think maybe I just got a lemon

Will be testing it out on the ice and we’ll see what happens I guess not very happy so far and eskimo customer service will be getting a phone call on Monday morning for sure

Ducky

Marcum12

Eskimo has great CS. I ordered a QUICKFISH 3i LAST month. When I set it up there was a piece of the stitching on the seam that was not done right. I called and had a new one at my door in less then a week. They sent a return postage via email to send old one back.

renny1

Do you think I could use a 40″ rod in the Inferno? I prefer the longer rods. thanks.

Rick Thelin

It almost sounds to me like you maybe got a house someone returned? I ended up with a extra bag of bolts for mine. I use 27 and 28 rods in mine. What I learned on my first trip is if I set the hook to hard I hit the roof or front. It all comes down to how big you are and your jigging style.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.