Eskimo Grizzly Flip Over

• Brad Dostal

Just got done putting my Eskimo Grizzly flip over shelter together to replace my Otter Pro Cabin. Bought the shelter, travel cover, tow hitch, and tracking kit. Haven’t tried the shack on the ice so no real test yet but my first impressions are good. A couple of the things I like are the seating system which has a lot of movement and can lift totally out of the way. I also really like the push button system on the tubing to extend and retract (See Picture). The material on the shell is thick and seems like it will be durable and warm but will see when I get it on the ice. I think the Otter Pro 1200 was a little thicker but not sure. The one thing that I did like better on the Otter was that the Otter hitch hookup was molded in. If anyone has any questions let me know. I will update my impressions after I actually use it. My 5 year old daughter wants to go fishing this weekend so hopefully we will have a chance to try it out.

Attachments:
    1. 64A32073-1E35-42B7-8BD6-AD510B105AE8.jpeg

2. 33068B71-F966-4E78-ACA6-C0D39BAE3563.jpeg

3. A5799079-BBA6-4190-BBE8-F68219711B01.jpeg

4. 0EF489D7-6A7A-4505-BDC8-1A9B92C18DA2.jpeg

5. 6806AB8A-072F-43BA-8BAD-408B7AEDC662.jpeg

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Very nice. Keep us updated.

Love those seats, super comfy. And they turn!

The windows removable?

How’s the sled quality?

Brad Dostal

Yes the windows are removable to be replaced. The canvas flap on the inside that covers the windows also has zippers on the the sides to zip them shut. The tub is comparable to Otter very heavy roto molded it is grey not black. The travel cover for it is very heavy duty also.

mazak500
    South West Michigan

how are you planning on mounting your hitch? it looks like the skirt goes all the way to the ice on both sides. I have not seen one in person yet. It seems like you would have to undo your hitch once you get to your spot so you would not have a draft coming through

Brad Dostal

There is a pin on the hitch near the sled. You can pull that and the hitch assembly will fold down. I think if you leave the hitch attached and do t bank that are with Snow there could be a draft.

ot66

Brad, what are your thoughts so far? Does this thing stack up with an Otter, or does Otter still rule the industry when it comes to flip overs? I’m having a hard time deciding but liking what I’m seeing on this Grizzly. Reeds Sports has some poor reviews on it in terms of pins on the tubing falling out, have you experienced that? It’s about the same size as Otter Lodge, correct?

CaptainMusky

I will be interested to hear your impressions of having the skirt all around the sled unlike Otter. I have a feeling it will be much warmer. Make sure to fill us in on that because on super cold windy days there is a lot of cold filtering in through the sled on the otter. I never get cold since its a full thermal, but this is an area of improvement I think.

muskie-tim
    Rush City MN

Brad is there a reason you switched from the Otter Pro Cabin to the Grizzly? Just curious.

ot66

Quick update to my comment on the pins falling out. If anyone is experiencing this call Eskimo and they will send a kit of replacement nuts/bolts that has apparently remedied the issue.

Outdraft
    Western Wi.

Hey Brad can you give a follow up report? I sat in one last year and liked it, what I really like is the seats but also is the removable windows. I don’t want a shack without out them because of the glare, sweating up and you cant see very much when looking left and right

David Blais

I know on the hubs. We have found the otters dont get stuck down to the ice as bad. As where the eskimos really get frozen down..

Outdraft
    Western Wi.

Did you have the runners on or just the tub ? Good info. It’s hard to find a lot of reviews

dexknows
    Blackduck, MN / Minneapolis, MN

I have the Sierra Thermal, and loved it last season. I kind of wish that I had just bitten the bullet and went with the Grizzly for the thicker tub, but with the tracking kit, it did fine for me. And the price was definitely right compared to Otter’s sled houses. I’ll be interested to see how the Grizzly / Sierra hold up over a few seasons of heavy use. Mine gets out about 3-4 nights a week…

Spencer Haugen

Can you show a picture of it hooked up with the tow hitch attached I just got one and haven’t ordered the hitch yet

DOC24

I am also curious as to your thoughts on how the grizzly has held up and how it was to fish out compared to the otter. I just sold my otter lodge and taking a serious look at this flip over.

iTinker

Brad is there a reason you switched from the Otter Pro Cabin to the Grizzly? Just curious.

I would imagine because it fits in the trunk (passthrough) of most cars. Otter could really take this as a cue to adjust their tub depth and seats.

Spencer Haugen

I am also curious as to your thoughts on how the grizzly has held up and how it was to fish out compared to the otter. I just sold my otter lodge and taking a serious look at this flip over.

I’ve used mine a handful of times this year never had an otter but so far I love it. I haven’t had it out in the cold windy days yet so I couldn’t really say how it handles that

Mark Dinsmore

Having tons of problems with quick relize for poles even after ordering new ones from Eskimo glued the pins in and now it’s the springs that are failing

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.