Battery???

• Boone04
    Fountain city, WI

I have a few questions and help from you guys on here. I am curious how offten you change your trolling motor batteries and what brand are you useing? I feel like my 80lbs minn kota just doesn’t have the power it should. Could it be the batteries are too old??? They are 4 years old now and I am wondering how offten should these be swapped out and what brand have you guys had the best luck with. Thanks for the help.

MIKGILLIE
    Owatonna,MN.

I think 4 yrs is about the life of most traditional batteries,I have bought Fleet Farm batteries as they were almost 1/2 price of other batteries and my business supports a local company, seem to perform just as well.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

I just bought 3 Fleet Farm batteries this spring. My old ones were also Fleet batteries and were all 4 years old. One was bad for sure and wouldn’t hold a charge. I have an onboard charger and would keep it plugged in year round. I could have probably gimped by for another year on 2 of the batteries, but why?

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

If you got 4 years out of a set, probably time for new. I’ve had good luck with the Walmart Everstart batteries.

-J.

Eric Pomplun
    janesville, wisconsin

i would say about 4 years or until your trolling motor starts looseing power and the batterys wont hold charge any more. we have farm and fleet deep cycle marine batterys and the work just fine.

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Group 29 Interstate.. 4yrs now and still holding great charge

Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

Group 29 Interstate

X2

Dave

old76er
    middle of the corn belt Tekamah, Ne

I use group 29 everstart maxx from Walmart. I use these because there is a Walmart with in 50 miles where ever I fish a tournament. I have had a couple of them go bad in the 6 years I have been using them. They have a 18 month replacement warranty.
    I change mine every 2 years and use the old ones in my plow truck or tractor. Four years is a long time for a trolling battery

cpetey
    Onalaska, Wi

I get about 4 years and use Fleet batteries.

norseman
    FAIRMONT MN

Interstate’s are #1!!!!!!!!

jd318
    NE Nebraska

7 years and still going on my Optima batteries. (Where is some wood to knock?)

slipperybob
    Lil'Can, MN

You can go get the battery reconditioned and get more life out of them. Don’t know what the fee is. I have a Ctek charger with the special recondition feature built into it so I can do it for myself.

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

I tried a few different brands but went to
    interstate and been using them for as long as I can remember, had good luck with them.
    Got screwed on a battery deal and ended up buying the Cabela’s AGM batteries, still on first year but they seem as good as the Interstate so far, bit more spendy, but they’re on sale from time to time.

Interstate would be my first choice unless these work out better, and I usually get three years out of them and then give them to my neighbor who uses them for a year or two after that.

Al

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.