Abu Garcia

• btomlin
    Albia, IA

Anyone use these reels??? It seems like there is a huge following of Pflueger & shimano on the site, but you don’t hear much about Abu G.

I was thinking of trying a 301 or 501 or 601ALB? Anyone have any feedback??

I’ve been told that their baitcasters are better than their spinning reels, but as the saying goes, “opinions are like …holes, & everyone has one”. I would just like your opinion!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Lots of chatter about Garcia in the cat/sturgeon forum…but that might not be the size reel your talking about.

…and in that forum, size does matter.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

I run a whole fleet of Abu baitcasters and love them. They are true workhorses and have very few mechanical problems. The only drawback is they are a little heavier and bulkier than the low profile reels.

bob schroden
    Cold Spring, MN

Quote:

I was thinking of trying a 301 or 501 or 601ALB? Anyone have any feedback??

I have a few Cardinal reels that I use for panfish and walleyes.
    I have had very good luck with them.
    No complaints here, a very good reel for the money!

joe fish
    Inver Grove/ Malmo, Mn.

I have two of the 601ALB’s that I haven’t had any problems with. A good bang for your buck IMOP. JC

SLDUCK

you can pick up an 802 or 801 at the FFO for $68. great reels and great price

mountain man
    Coon Valley, WI.

I use their baitcasters for baitcasting, trolling( 3-way,leadcore, longlining), slop, Gator hunting ( musky/n. pike), and all my bass fishing that uses a baitcaster. It’s hard to compare them to anything since I have used them for around 20 years…had a few changes in sponsorship over the years that had me try others, but when the choice is mine I go back to the Abu

Regarding openface…. for a long time Abu came out with yearly matched combos,(rod/reel), that really worked like they were designed for each other…but I pretty much gravitated over to Penn or Mitchell reels. Probably part of my Walmart mentality.

fishinfool
    mn

excellent reels , got two myself and a little cheaper than the reccomended reels but great quality.

FF

KirtH
    Lakeville

I like them, I have some 500 series and 600 series work awsome

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

501 and 601’s fill most of my spinning combos.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.