Eskimo Quickfish 3

• Castaway
    Otsego,MN

Anyone have one of these or the comparable Clam version? I picked up one of these at SW yesterday for $189. I was impressed at how fast these set up and take down in a minute or two. Also seem pretty durable.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I saw one on Pelican yesterday in that high wind. I was surprised how sound the structure seemed to be. I should have stopped and checked it out.

starkj25

I just bought one this year and wouldnt trade it for any other shack. It is lightweight (23lbs) and very easy to set up, one guy can get it up in about 30 sec. Take down is just as fast. It comes with the ice anchors that screw in very easy, and you will need to since the wind can move it around easily. The only down fall is no floor, but the prevous shack I owned had a very slippery plastic floor and things like lanterns and jigs boxes would slide all over and tip over. Overall I think it is a great shack at a great price. As well as very durable zippers and canvas.

uffdapete
    Rainy Lake, MN

There was a fairly thorough discussion about the Quickfish portables in the ice fishing thread last week.

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Well guess what? Their is another one today!

bigpike

Tough crowd… I am currently looking at purchasing one of these for walk in trips first ice. They are just so practical for a guy looking at ultimate portability plus they are great for many other uses. Do check out the other thread there is a bunch of good info on this topic there…

Castaway
    Otsego,MN

Yea I thought I saw it posted somewhere before but I didnt go back far enough to find it.Thanks

snowster
    Rochester MN

Fished in one today and was very impressed. Had bad feelings about the no floor but was suprised and really liked it. The anchors are the best I have ever seen and very easy to put up.

whiskeyandwater
    ????

Love hearing this… have been thinking about getting one when this past weekend My wife told me that the Clam Jr. Needs to go. Reason. doesn’t pack very well for road trips. She hates the ratteling of the poles, and the space it took up. Really couldn’t argue with that. Then she said “How is it they can make a pop up tent but can’t make a pop up fish house.” “Oh they do but …” “NO BUT’S BUY ONE NEXT YEAR I hate your CLAM!” to which the only response I could have was “YES DEAR”

p.s. She doesn’t even ice fish. but hey who am I to argue.

Castaway
    Otsego,MN

I have been practicing setting mine up in the living room I have to say these things are pretty neat.Compact and light and seem pretty durable.Ill be testing it out on LOW in a couple weeks.

Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

I love my QF3 going on my 3rd season and no problems. The ice anchors work great and the extra tie down ropes work to keep it from blowing in on me. I have the older style with the vertical zipper, I would have liked the new > shaped zipper better.

wade
    Cottage Grove, MN

I have the Clam Base camp — not trying to steal the thread — but for quicker set up I have switched to bungee cords as opposed to the ropes…

uffdapete
    Rainy Lake, MN

The absence of the floor isn’t a problem for me – never had one in the flip style either so was just one less thing to carry and set up. Without a floor holes can be drilled anywhere.

I’ve only used the supplied ice anchors and found them easy and effective but another alternative that some might find even easier is using a cordless drill to drive 6 x 5/16″ star head construction screws with a 5/8″ head.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.