Genetron Depth Finders

• jh55429
    Crystal, MN

I’m looking for some info on Genetron depth finders. I couldn’t find a website or a whole lot of info on the internet. I’m just kind of curious to see what they are all about. I’ve seen a couple boats rigged with them and I was just looking to see what they are all about.

Thanks

Josh

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

I do not know a lot but from what I remember it was a small time company. Some of the guys that used there units said the were the stuff.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Josh, a good friend in SD runs one in his 2090BT. He is deathly scared it will die some day. He absolutely loves it, but he is also pretty sure it can’t be fixed any longer. I don’t know if they are even still made. I haven’t talked to him in a while, I’ll give him a shout and see if has any other info.

superdave
    NE IA

You don’t hear much about them anymore, but supposedly they were the ticket. A pretty small time shop was making them, not sure what happened of them.

jh55429
    Crystal, MN

Thanks for the replies

Josh

scottsteil
    Central MN

Genetron makes an excellent graph when they are working. The guys that run them have a hard time using anything else. However, they are expensive to repair and impossible to replace. So that adds up to a unit that is very expensive to buy and expensive to repair but when working is an unbelievable graph.

jh55429
    Crystal, MN

Thanks for the info.

Scott, do you know how reliable these units are. Are they prone to breaking down or are they are pretty solid unit?

Thanks,

Josh

royalflush

I found this info on the net, Might be some help.

Genetron Technology
    2 Briarwood Pl,
    Fargo, ND 58104-7308,

Phone: (701) 298-0900

Owner Richard (Dick) Knutson

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

I’m sure one of the Fellegy’s ran one, just not sure if it was Joe or Steve.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.