Power used by Lowrance color units ?

• Snagger
    Owatonna, MN

I have a LXC 110c and LCX28c. Do these units use up more power than the black and white units ? Does the larger color units use more power ? Anyone have any insight to this ? Thanks

bigcrappie
    Blaine

I would say yes, the screens would use more power but it can not be much, maybe 500ma

ERIKJ
    Chaska, MN

They probably use more, but it still isn’t much. I can run my colored X102 for about 10 hours when icefishing.

EJ

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

They aren’t going to drain the battery in your boat like your bilge pump(s) can (if you’re running them constantly on a smaller battery). I think you’re still going to want to route the power source to these units from your cranking battery. You’ll usually be able to run these units all day long and not have to worry about a thing, as they take up a lot less power than other accessories in the boat, like the above stated pumps, or nav lights.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

I guess I wonder why you want to know, Sounds like you have an issue with something?

Snagger
    Owatonna, MN

I called Lowrance tech support and this is what I found.LCX110c uses 1.7 amps with the lights on and 1.1 amps without lights. LCX28c uses 1.1 with lights on and 700 milliamps lights off. To compare a X15 black & white uses 850 Milliamps with the lights on and 700 milliamps without lights on. Thanks guys I was just trying to compare color vs black and white. THANKS

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.