Suzuki outboard…………………..fuel issues?

• 2catch1

I recently got a 90 Johnzuki(new) and love it. I have read some posts of these 90-140 suzuki’s dying while running. Mine has done it 4 times. 1st two were me netting salmon over the motor and bumping the fuel line off!!! (idle speeds) Then my dog hit the net while going over Rainy Lake this week and it just perfectly lines up with the fuel connector and off it went again. I will be putting a safety on this stupid connector, but the 4th time was odd. A day and a half after the 3rd time, lab induced ( which made the motor run poor and set the SES for 1 key-cycle code 23 I think) I was all alone and the motor just died. I went to the fuel line which was in and unplugged it at the motor and no gas. Plugged it in and primed it and fine since…..did all this unplugging while running possibly damage something?

BIRDDOG did they ever fix your motor???? my last 50 evizuki was great and so far I have over 50 hrs on this one and love its power and quietness. I will fix my fuel line….also I met one alumacraft owner with same boat/motor and had similar issues….bad gas tank and it was clogging motors filters. Actually had plastic pieces in fuel. I do have an Alumacraft but don’t think that is an issue with mine.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I can’t help you with possible issue since my Zukes are 1998’s. However I dont use the quick connect on the fuel line and never have. My fuel line is tie-wrapped on directly. Tha would at least solve your bumping off issue.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.