Anyone use Amsoil synthetic oil?

• t-ellis
    Colorado Springs, CO

I think i can ask this on this forum. Anyone using Amsoil in their car or truck?

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

I use it in all my motors, trucks, boat, lawnmower,snowmobile. I have been so pleased with it, I became a dealer..

nick
    Lakeville, MN

I got a bunch in the bottle waiting to go in, does that count? Seriously I’ve ran M1 for years, I just decided to try amsoil in my car and truck, to see if I like it better the M1.

Amsoil however seems to make the very best oil filters in many people’s opinion, lots of people run the filter for a year but they are suppose to be good for a lot of time and mileage, though I personally would probably have ahard time running one that long myself, but there are a good amount of people that swear by them. Unfortuntely they seem a little harder to get than the oil, Fleet Farm carries Amsoil here in lakeville, but not their filters. Right now I’m running WIX filters which seem to be highly rated too.

I’m sure you can get a filter from any amsoil dealer, I’ll go that route soon with our nice suv when we ever get it.

edit: Wow that’s hard to read huh? Do I win the longest most confusing runon sentence of the week yet?

t-ellis
    Colorado Springs, CO

I’ve done a little research and its hard to argue with the test results. It looks like it costs a little more but needs to be changed less often so more economical in the long run. Plus i think i remember my Grandfather saying something about “an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure”. Thanks for any feedback.

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Amsoil is top shelf – I recommend it as well

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

I use the High Performance SAE 5w-30 with the Amsoil Ea oil filter in my truck.
    Change intervals for this oil is 25,000 miles or one year.

The most common is the 5w-30 XL. The XL is a little cheaper in price and the change interval is 7,500 or 6 months.

I sell all Amsoil products including all filters. I also sell Donaldson and WIX filters.

If you have any product questions or would like to try it, send me a PM..

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I’ve been running 5w20 XL in my 3.0 liter Honda for a year and a half and I think it is fantastic!!! I really have faith in it. I get it at Fleet Farm where it is only a few cents per quart more than Mobil 1.

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

Quote:

I use it in all my motors, trucks, boat, lawnmower,snowmobile. I have been so pleased with it, I became a dealer..

Same here, I’m just not a dealer…

Jami

KirtH
    Lakeville

I run it in my truck and snowmobiles.

broadwaybob
    Janesville, WI

I’ve been using it in my trucks for years and won’t use anything else.

Waxy
    Calgary, AB

I use it in everything from my weed whacker to my V10. I’ve been very happy with it in every case so far.

the best way to go about it is to spend the $20-30 to become a “preferred customer” and then you can buy the oil at wholesale dealer cost, you’ll save that initial $20 back in a hurry. If you buy it at the discount, it’s often cheaper to run Amsoil than regular oil.

Waxy

chomps
    Sioux City IA

I’m in the same boat as Waxy, bought a lower unit pump and oil for the lower unit just the other week. This will be the first year I’ve gone a year without an oil change, I think I have the zero weight oil, have to double check. Used the pillow pack oil for the 2 cycle Strikemaster and right away I noticed less smoke, even sounded smoother.

buschman
    Pool 2

Thats is all I have ever run in my Yamaha on the boat and I also use there product in my lower unit. Will not ever use anything else if I have the choice! Also talked my uncle into running it in his lower unit on his Johnson last year because he keep getting water in there I have been replacing it for him the last two years now and there is a huge difference from what I had seen the 1st time we switched out the old stuff.

uffdapete
    Rainy Lake, MN

I switched over in my car, mower, outboard and snowblower and am going to in my pickup next change.
    3 years ago I started driving coach bus and the owner of the bus company, who is also a professional mechanic, uses it in nearly everything he owns – weed eater, commercial air compressor, ATV, snowmobile, mowers, cars, trucks. He’s done the math and found it wasn’t cost effective to run it in the coaches because of the enormous amount of oil they take but otherwise would be using it those as well.
    Guess I’ve never run into anybody who’s used synthetic and didn’t like it but his evaluation of it certainly has convinced me.

Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

I had a dealer tell me that it would stop my 2000 Johnson 25hp from smoking so I switched but it did not help. I have no objections to the product other than it did not do what the dealer told me it would. The marine dealer where I bought the motor new has looked at it twice and told me there is nothing mechanically wrong but it seems to smoke more than other 2 strokes I have owned.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.