Minn Kota Copilot making chirping sound

• djlengyel
    Lake Elmo, MN

I have a Minn Kota Electric Motor with the Copilot option – two years old. Lately when the propeller is turning there is a chirping sound (about one chirp every second or so) coming from the black box that all the wires come out of for the copilot. Any idea what is causing this and how to make it stop?

Thanks – Dave

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I had the same question a couple weeks ago. That’s an indicator that the unit is turned on.

I thought it was funny that I never heard that noise before since I had mine for 2 years too…but I just had it in for repair and figured it was part of an upgraded circuit board?

…or I’m just deaf.

neverhome
    Anoka county

The first year I had mine it chirped and now it does not. Thats odd

shane huskey
    holmen wi

read the owners manual there is a way to turn it off. you will have to use the remote i believe.

nascarfan
    stillwater,minnesota

mine has chirped from day one.
    mine also shuts off if i run it wide open for awhile. then resets itself.

greg716
    Inver Grove Heights

I had one on another boat I used to have, and it would chirp intermittently also. Sometimes it would, sometimes not. I have no idea what it would be. I always thought I should try changing the battery in the remote, but then I totalled the boat instead. Never did figure out the chirping sound…..

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Yup there are three setting IIRC.

1. Totally silent
    2. Chips when you press a button
    3. Keeps chirping to remind you it’s on.

Pretty sure you can press and hold the top two buttons for a little bit and that will change between modes. IIRC (I don’t have a co-pilot yet with my terrova) Been awhile since I used one.

djlengyel
    Lake Elmo, MN

Thanks Nick. I pushed the two top buttons and it is now only chirping when I adjust the speed up or down (which I like). I must have inadvertenly hit both buttons by mistake and changed the mode.

Dave

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

How long do the batteries in the fobs last? Not sure if both of mine are dead or if there is something else wrong.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

I ran mine for atleast 2 year on the original bateries, and I never replaced them still worked when I sold the boat. I’m sure you can test them, I doubt you batteries are both bad, (though it could be possible) I would look in the programming, I bet it lost the programing somewhere along the way, there may be a way to clear all remotes out of the system and add them back in.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.