Question about Ram Mounts?

• Fireash911
    Holmen, WI.

I was thinking about purchasing a Ram Mount for installing a Lowrance LMS-520c on my bass boat. I was thinking about buying the adapter plate for the ram mount that holds the GPS puck on right behind the unit. Does anyone have this set-up on their boat and how does do you like it? Thanks, Brent

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Just a FYI, I tried this last Fall for a Temproary solution until I rigged my boat during the Winter and the puck would not read through the Unit and the Windscreen on my 620. Same thing on my buddies AlumnaCraft.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

I have one mounted on a portable set up. (The Blue Genz box used for Vexilars) Works ok for me, but agree it’s not the best solution.

The puck has to be level and unobstructed to get “All” of the satellites. You end up losing some of the functionality of the RAM mount. For instance, you tilt the unit to see it better and then the puck is not facing up and you start losing signals.

Again, works but not the best long term solution in most cases.

Edit to add pic.

-J.

Fireash911
    Holmen, WI.

Thanks for all the information. I will have to come up with a different place to mount the GPS puck.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Here’s how mine is done, works perfect thus far, notice my antenna is higher than the unit.

OK not the cleanist install, but it works I’m sure I could clean it up it I really cared about the looks.

JackMN

I mounted my gps on the adapter plate,at first I had problems but I added the ram attenna mount which raised the attenna above the gps unit ,I also have it on a quick disconnect so I can move from the back of the boat to the front.I also mount it on my atv for icefishing much bigger picture than a h2o. I will try to post pictures later.
    Jack

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.