review

• crosby-stick
    Crosby MN

I just put the new G3 Advantage 210 in James hand’s . So you will see pic’s soon. James will give you an objective opinion soon. At first glance James was impressed, it’s a big boat with lots of feature’s. Stay tooned for his full report. It will be on the water this weekend.

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

So, you’re saying your new boat is down on P4 right now? Hmm, guess I’ll run it, I mean see it down there

Thanks Kevin!

Jami

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

I believe James holds the record for jumping wingies on P4. If the boat survives the weekend we’ll know it’s a good one!

LVD4G3

WHAT is this, about James jumping WINGIES????

Lamarr
    G3 Boats

hunt4fun
    becker Minnesota

I to have seen the G3 Advantage 210. guys your going to love it. the room and storage and feature’s

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Lamarr,

Yea, He can get up there. 30 to 40 feet sometimes. The guy is like Evil Knievel in a boat. But don’t worry. He gets the boat back in one piece at least 70, maybe 80 percent of the time.

In all seriousness Lamarr, thanks to you guys for giving us a chance to see how the new rig runs on the water. We at IDA appreciate it! One things for certain, we know we’ll get an honest review from James. The guy doesn’t sugar coat his reviews.

I got a chance to fish out of Tucks G3 last year on Pool 3 and really liked it. I’m really looking forward to hitting Pool 4 with James in April, and jumping those wingies!

LVD4G3

Thanks Wade, It’s been great to meet some of the folks involved with IDA, all have been top shelf guys. However, Chris did caution me about you, but I’ll keep an open mind.

I’m anxious to hear from James, I think he’ll be on the water Saturday. Everyone I’ve shown the boat to first say it’s a big boat, what a massive rod locker, and I can’t believe the room and storage.

The boat was designed with guidance and suggestions from the Pro Staff and when you see the boat its features and layout it will be obvious that serious fishermen were involved in its creation.

I’m trying to be cautiously optimistic that others will see the boat as I do, but it hard to contain my enthusiasm. I’m sure we’ll hear lots of comments as the boat is introduced.

Anyone can feel free to email or call me (701-799-0948) with questions or comments and our Pro Staff will be happy to demo their boats whenever possible.

No rides, jumping wingies available, but I think it would handle it.

Lamarr

crosby-stick
    Crosby MN

Quote:

So, you’re saying your new boat is down on P4 right now? Hmm, guess I’ll run it, I mean see it down there

Thanks Kevin!

Jami

Doesn’t seem fair Ritt u get to ride in it on open water before I do Sound like u owe me a brewski let me know what u think of the new ride

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Quote:

Lamarr
    G3 Boats

I”m sure you have absolutely nothing to worry about Lamarr…well….probably nothing… I hope

Standing gaurd over it as we speak…..lots of folks asking questions about it.Looking forward to a ride on the wingies…..I mean water! Wade,I think James can make even farther than last years jump with the lower flow this year,is our regular bet still ok?

Come on down and take a look!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

OK guys. I don’t want to put you on the spot, but I will to a point. This boat with a 225 or 250?? I don’t know what she is capable of handling, so just speculating.

Are we talking Lund $$$ ??

Dean, I’ll be down on Sunday. Keep her there till then. I can’t wait leave a present in the corner for Kevin.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Quote:

Lamarr

G3 Boats

I”m sure you have absolutely nothing to worry about Lamarr…well….probably nothing… I hope

Standing gaurd over it as we speak…..lots of folks asking questions about it.Looking forward to a ride on the wingies…..I mean water! Wade,I think James can make even farther than last years jump with the lower flow this year,is our regular bet still ok?

Come on down and take a look!

Thanks for keeping a close eye on her, Dean. I knew that big, blue battleship would turn heads when I parked it on RAMP #1 Friday AM.

I want to thank G3 Boats for giving me the chance to kick the tires on the first Advantage V210 in the midwest. This isn’t my boat… after this weekend it goes back to the owner.

Between saturday AM and Sunday night…. the gloves will come off and that big girl and I are going to cover some river miles!

I’m going to take her down the bouy line and see how she handles the close – peaky waves that pool 4 is famous for. If I can get a HARD upstream blow I’ll be able to put this rig through the paces to see if this new hull has what it takes.

Then I’m going to rip her through the backwaters and see if I can get her up the WI channel to see what this big girl needs to draft before skeg meets sand.

I had the opportunity to climb over, through and around this boat for nearly two hours on thursday night. My initial impressions are…

1) – that this boat is laid out very well. I can see myself fishing out of it and where my gear would be stored.

2) – At first glance I love the rod locker design. I’ll put it through the paces in a real world test saturday AM. If this locker works as well as it looks… the competition will be redesigning soon.

2) – it is a MASSIVE rig. This thing screams “take me to big water and watch me punish waves.

3) – whomever designed this boat built in standard features that few boats can offer as options… oxygen generation for the livewells, dual starting batteries with an isolation swith that ensures one battery will always have power, power stearing (not hydraulic… POWER stearing), space for multiple B&B Baitboxes under the consoles PLUS room for my legs… etc., etc.

Tomorrow I’m getting up early and I’m going to go try and find a flaw or a weakness in this boat. G3 asked that I put it through the paces. If you see me on the river tomorrow and want to help… I’ll let you drive for a bit.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

OK guys. I don’t want to put you on the spot, but I will to a point. This boat with a 225 or 250?? I don’t know what she is capable of handling, so just speculating.

Dean, I’ll be down on Sunday. Keep her there till then. I can’t wait leave a present in the corner for Kevin.

I asked the same question at the dealership in Aitkin when I picked it up. I was told the V210 is expected to come in well under the other 20+ foot aluminum boats offered by Lund and Crestliner.

You going to be down to the river tomorrow Kooty? If so the driver’s seat has your name on it. You’ve got my cell.

kooty
    Keymaster

Sadly I won’t be there til Sunday. Got kid duty tomorrow.

I don’t need a boat this big, but I am just man. Bigger is better!!!! 250 Ponies, WATCH THIS!!! Famous last words growing up in SD.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

I can see Kooty standing on the bow yelling “This boat ain’t scared! You wanna go a round with the champ?”!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Sadly I won’t be there til Sunday. Got kid duty tomorrow.

I don’t need a boat this big, but I am just man. Bigger is better!!!! 250 Ponies, WATCH THIS!!! Famous last words growing up in SD.

I’ll be down there sunday. If you want a test drive you know what to do.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Tell ya’ what… I’ve got an “appointment” starting Sunday morning at 6 AM. I’ll be back at Everts Resort tied to the big dock at 11 AM. Anyone that wants to take this big girl for a spin can get a shot behind the wheel.

chuckles
    Manchester, Iowa

Rod locker? – James – I thought you just piled up the rods in front of the drivers console Chuckles

crosby-stick
    Crosby MN

Quote:

Kooty NO Presents PLease , opinions yes ,presents NO

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Hope some one is going to post some photos.

LVD4G3

Ok James, I know everyone’s going to encourage you to jump the wingies. So when you do, go for the record and put me in on the bet. Just put a couple hours on the new motor first, so she not so tight. You might get a couple yards, more distance.

Lamarr

kooty
    Keymaster

I’ll take the camera along tomorrow to get some photos, but I’m sure James and crew will have many more.

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

I thought AlvinMack and his RiverPro have an unbeatable world record wingdam jump? Are there different world records for boat style?

dd

LVD4G3

Hey Guys,

I know everyone is anxious to see photos of the new V210 and they should be released very soon. The unveiling of a new model boat is an important event for any boat builder. G3 is very, very excited for the photo release of the Advantage V210; this model will be the flagship for their Deep V fleet. G3 is in the process of obtaining professional quality photos and G3 will post the photos ASAP for viewing along with features and specifications.

Please be patient, G3 is excited and looking forward to announce the release as well.

Lamarr

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.