Lowrance compatibility

• marbleye2
    Eagle Lake, MN

First off, I’ll admit to being moderately technologically challenged. That being said, can you run an X-15 and a 332C from the same GPS module? I recently purchased an X-15 here on IDA without the GPS module as a second depth finder. Now I’m curious about adding a 332 or 334 with GPS. It would be cool if the two can be networked so both could run off the same GPS module. The X-15 is about 3 years old, so I’m curious if the two are close enough in vintage and utilize the same connectors to be able to work together. Anybody know? Thanks for any insight.

jbongers
    South St. Paul, MN

As of right now the answer is no, but I know Lowrance is working on something that will allow some of the units to at least share transducers and possibly gps. But I am not 100% on that, or on what units it will work for. They are saying they will have something in the next month or so.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

No, Ditto to Bongers.

ted-merdan

Actually I belive you can – it does involve hard wiring the power cables of each device together. Do you have the owners manual from each unit?

When I ran x-15’s and then x104’s this is how I used 1 puck for the entire boat.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Ted, I thought they used different GPS “Techologies”??????? and that this would not work? That is what I was once told by a Lowracne Dealer, but I never trusted that guy much anyway.

jbongers
    South St. Paul, MN

the 104 and 15 use all of the same plugs and same gps module so it will work with those. However the 15 and 332 do not use the same

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Bongers I think you are right. The 111/112 & 332 are the same (LGC 2000). The 104, X-15 are the LGC-12w. I think.

CrappieChatt

Call Linda Colt at Lowrance. If it can be done she will know how !!! 918-438-8747 <*)}}}><

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Both have NMEA 0183 ports so there is no reason you should not be able to hard wire the two together to supply GPS to both. The procedure is the same as the one Rob recently did with some new Lowrance units. You won’t use the newtowrk system, rather you’ll use the NMEA wires.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Wade, where have you been??????

There still is as many corn rows as there was yesterday. They haven’t changed sincelast Spring. Quit counting corn rows and pay attention here.

Wade you can still hook them up, ven if they have different GPS technologies (2000,3000 or LGC12)?????

If this is true it is a piece of cake to do.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

You know me, just sitting around counting corn.

You can do this as long as both units have NMEA 0183 comm ports, which they do.

ted-merdan

Now I remeber how I did that. The unit the GPS signal is comming into(master unit) you tie the NMEA out lead to the NMEA in lead of the second unit(slave unit). You then tie the commons together and you are set. I soldered these connections as the wires are very thin!

You also have to set up the SW in the master to send NMEA info out over the bus and the slave unit to receive this info.

I talked directly to Lorwrance before I did this the first time.

Good luck and let me know if you have questions,

ted

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

I have a 8.5″x11″ Diagram with all the needed info on how to do this. If any one needs it I can fax it to them. I have it where my boat is store currently and may take a few days to get, but I can do it.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.