Humminbird Sonar

• CentralBassman

Would like to hear what everyone thinks about the Humminbird Side Imaging Sonar??? How does it work in big waves, is it easy to read and anything esle???

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Mitch, I haven’t run one myself so I’ll let someone else tell you about their experience with the side imaging units, but I have heard a lot of good things about them. Here’s a little piece of new info that I can share. Last season, they only had the super-sized SI units, but this season they have come out with the 5-inch unit, which cost much less of course.

Humminbird 797C SI

We just recently got our first shipment. It looks like they’ll run about $950, less than half of what the 900 series cost last season.

CentralBassman

So no one has ever seen one or used one around here???

scottsteil
    Central MN

Mitch, I have run them before. This year I am not running them. For what I do I didn’t find a big use for them yet. I think the technology is good and will be beneficial in the future, but right now it has not be overly useful for me.

If you are thinking of using it in shallow water, weeeds will obstuct the picture return you get.

CentralBassman

Thanks Scott… Im dont now if i will get one but if i do it would go on a bass boat.and I like fishing shallow so….

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.