My Lowrance 3500C is having issues…

• shayla

This may sound weird, but my 3500C turns itself back on after I shut it off. Also, when I press the power button to make the back-lite dimmer it zooms out! I’ve been unplugging the power-cord because it comes on after I’m done fishing, and put the cover on, and wears out my battery. If I send it in for warranty work will I lose all my saved information?

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

You shouldn’t. The unit has a lithium battery that is suppose to last 10 years. But, make sure to include a note that you want the same unit back and not a replacement. Lowrance is known to just swap out units to speed up the process. I would also write down any numbers you want to save incase they dont read your note.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

There have been some issues with the power button. Send it in but load your waypoints on to a blank data card before you do. You should back them up anyway, for your own peace of mind.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Yea, that would be much easier.

jhalfen

My X102C had quite similar symptoms. Sent it in to Lowrance last week. I’ll let you know what they found when I get the unit back.

look-a-like
    St. Charles, MN

I’ve had problems with my 3500C loosing my starting point trails. Last time I was on Mile Lacs I was marking a trail all around Indain Point and it seemed to be working all night trolling but when I went to return all trails were gone back to the landing. This unit is new this year and I’ve never had this problem until now, any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Mitch

jhalfen

These units only allow a certain number of points per trail (2000 strikes me as the number). If your trail exceeds this number of points, it will start to erase the oldest points to extend the trail. The zoom level on your map plays a role in the number of points drawn. More zoom = more points, so the early points disappear more quickly.

look-a-like
    St. Charles, MN

Thanks Jason you are correct, when all fails read the directions Now my next question, my update criteria was set on auto which was causing me to loose my starting trails. Do you use time or distance and what do you have your update rate set at??

Mitch

jhalfen

Not sure….will check tonight. Good excuse to crawl around the boat and clean up from yesterday.

shayla

Thanks everyone….called Lowrance and will be sending it in for repairs tomorrow….with a note asking to get my original unit back.

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

I sent a note when I sent mine in, I recieved a differant unit when I got it back.
    Take Wades advice and download your waypoints.

Ron

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Quote:

Take Wades advice and download your waypoints.

If you want to see your waypoints again, back ’em up.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

I have kept my mouth shut for too long on this. I have used 3 different Lowrance units the last month, and had issues with the GPS on all of them. I was very disappointed!

I ran the Garmin 188 and 172 last year and years prior. I had NEVER lost a satelite signal even once with the internal antenae. I wish to heck Garmin made a hand held that used the chip that I didn’t have to re-mortgage the house to own!

Garmin did away with their Pro Staff, and that is very unfortunate for a lot of us who took part in it.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

My 4900M hasnt missed a beat all summer.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

I really need a decent reliable unit for next year as I will most likely be buying it from Wade at Jolly Ann. But I want it to be the best “Bang for the Buck!” It has to work!
    Garmin makes outstanding units, but are spendy! Like I have always said, it is too bad that the two companies did not combine their efforts and have Lowrance do the fish finding, and Garmin the GPS!!!!! How sweet would that be?
    I may have to bite the bullet and buy Garmin.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Tuck, just because I run Lowrance doesn’t mean I won’t sell you a Garmin. Your money is good here!

By the way, I have not had a single issue with my Lowrance LMS-332C or my Lowrance handheld (other then the power cord on the handheld, but no GPS issues).

I think we need to have you look into the new LCX-27C for next season. The price is right and I expect the performance to be outstanding. This is the unit that is replacing the LCX-25C. I’ve got a couple of buddies running the 25C and it has been nothing short of perfect.

Lowrance LCX-27C

We can look at Garmin units too. I’m just not as hip on the mapping options for the upper midwest. We’ll find something to make even YOU happy!

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

For what I do, I am plenty happy with Garmin mapping..
    We will be talking!!!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Quote:

We’ll find something to make even YOU happy!

Ya, good luck with that Wade. Your customer service skills are amazing, but he’s one demanding customer. I mean look at him, he wants Garmin….

fireman731
    Miles, Iowa

If you are loosing the beginning part of your trails, go into trail options…2000 is default setting…but you can bump it up to 9999. Also you can change color and trail appearance.

look-a-like
    St. Charles, MN

Thanks that’s the info I was looking for. I’ll give it a try the next time out and see what happens.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.