Mount Transducer WITHOUT Drilling?

• cwindingland
    Saint Michael, MN

My boat came pre-rigged with a shoot-through ducer in the stern. However, I think I could get better performance by externally mounting it. I know there are plastic-type mounting plates available to reduce the drilling but I would think 3M or someone has an adhesive I could use to mount the plate (with the ducer mounted to it). Any ideas or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

cattinaddict
    Catfish country

there are several types of marine epoxy, I have used them with very good sucess. i picked mine up at either menards or home depot, dont remember which one. they come in a inject style applicator. what i find works best for me, get a empty pop can and turn it upside down, nice ready to use mixing bowl on the bottom squirt some of the epoxy in there, mix it up good. clean both surfaces and apply and support piece to be glued, dont clamp it tight because you will force all the epoxy out

Hope this helps,

CA

Jira

I watched a guy bond a harness together, underwater, with this stuff . Then he lifted a 1/2 ton pickup with a crane using the harness on the discovery channel. Might be worth looking in to.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

If I was going with an adhesive, I’d stay away from any type of epoxy. Too permanent in my opinion. I’d go with a marine grade silicone and plan to re-do it every couple of years. Good luck.

-J.

wilk71
    Albany, Missouri

I know of 4 different boats that have used a product called NP-1. This is what I used to fasten a transducer block on my boat…and it worked awesome. Once you get it in the right place…it isn’t gonna go anywhere. I think you can get it in grey or black to seal around the block also as to kind of trim it out to look nice. I got it at a local hardware supplier on the suggestion of a guy at the local Marina. Give it a try….
    Brian

puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

try “goop” marine. mine has been glued on for 3 years now and is showing no signs of pulling away……..tom fellegy

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Interesting idea, I may attempt this, I have to install a transducer tomorrow…. anyone else care to add some input?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.