Transducer connection

• gobig-or-gohome
    Lake Minnetonka area

I am borrowing a boat from someone and the depth finder on the troling motor is not working anymore. When I first got the boat the depth finder worked fine and now when I turn it on it says transducer not connected. I looked at the connetion and the wire and all appear to be fine and not dirty. Any thoughts as to the problem? Also what could I use to clean the connection? Thanks.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

I think you broke it and your in trouble.

Check the battery. You can clean the ducer connections with contact cleaner.

gobig-or-gohome
    Lake Minnetonka area

It must have been from those big boat wakes on Tonka

The unit starts up fine and I ran the diognostic and it is getting I think 12.5 volts so I think the power is not the problem.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Can you take the ducer off and put it up to your ear? If it ticks, your getting a signal..

gobig-or-gohome
    Lake Minnetonka area

no clicking and cleaning did not work. Guess it is time to buy a new depth finder

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

I would try a new transducer first.

gobig-or-gohome
    Lake Minnetonka area

Problem is it is jsut an inexpensive older Hummingbird 100SX and the transducers are 45-55 dollars from what I could find and then if that is not the problem that would stink. I am trying to get one for cheap on ebay but they are selling for more then I want to pay.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

I would just replace it with a Vexilar Edge 3. You want one for the dash too?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.