taking LMS 332c from one boat to another

• jwfilm1
    Aitkin, MN

I have a 332 on one of my boats and want to put on a 2nd boat. Besides another high speed transducer, what do I need to do on my second boat? I have the antenna so it’s portable (screws on to a Shakespeare bracket). Thanks.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

A mounting bracket, unless you have it on a RAM mount, then you just need a second RAM ball to mount it.

A 2nd Power Cable.

That should be all since you already have the second xducer and you will use the same GPS antenna and cable.

The full package should end up 1 of each of the following:

Display Unit
    Mount
    GPS
    Power
    Xducer

jwfilm1
    Aitkin, MN

I’m trying not to sound stupid, but how does the antenna cable work? Do I need two of them? The boat is in storage or I would go look to see how it’s hooked up. From what I remember, the funnel shaped cone with the puck on top just screws off.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

The cable runs into your GPS puck so you can just take it off and then disconnect the cable from the display and reconnect it when you install it in boat #2. Should be no problem…

jwfilm1
    Aitkin, MN

Thanks a ton! You are a good resource to have! If I need any electronics in the future you will be my first choice. Nice talking to a person that acutally can answer a question. Some of the “big stores” have employees that should be selling hot dogs or fries instead of $500 depth finders.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

No problem. Glad we can help!

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Quote:

Thanks a ton! You are a good resource to have! If I need any electronics in the future you will be my first choice.

Good Choice! Great deals ,great guy!

MadJack
    St. Paul, MN

Wade, I have the same finder and was considering rigging it up for use in my truck for the winter.(GPS only) Do you sell the needed materials(cables and such) for this type of use? Or should I try Lowrance?

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Thanks Chappy!

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Jack, Depending on how you set it up, the only thing you need is the CA-8 power cable (12 volt plug) and a way to mount it, maybe a RAM?

The CA-8 is listed here.

fireman731
    Miles, Iowa

I saw somewhere that RAM has a GPS mount that bolts right under the bracket for your GPS, it has a little pad for the antennae to mount to. As for a second power cable I use the same cable and put a lighter plug end on it. Then all you need is an extra transducer an you are set to go.

jwfilm1
    Aitkin, MN

good one! I did that on my last boat…didn’t even think of that. Works like a snap!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.