LX5 question

• superdave
    NE IA

With all this hype, you guys have me curious. How does the superfine line work? If your fishing in 5′ of water, will it spread it over the whole display? That would be awesome for shallow water. Has anybody used theres much in water less than 10′?

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

I used mine in about 5ft the last time I was on Lawrence Lake. It worked awesome. I don’t recall using the superfine line feature that day out. I was pretty much tinkering with the settings and seeing how it worked as the LX-5 I have, is the first flasher I’ve ever bought.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Good question and is one of the main reasons why the Marcum LX-5 seperates itself from the rest of the competition.. It will show great detail with the super fine line (SFL). Great feature to have targeting panfish in weeds less than 10′ of water. The target seperation which allows you to see weeds, fish, and your lure is unreal!! No more big globs of weeds showing up with the use of the SFL!
    Its a very noticeable seperation between any of the objects your flasher is reading.
    I have used mine only once so far in less that 10′ of water and could not be more happy with the LX-5. The seperation is unreal!!!

scottsteil
    Central MN

That is a really good question. No, it does not spread it out, it still reads in the same scale, it just takes the target separation from 2.15 inches to .75 inches without having to go into zoom. In shallow water, when you hit SFL you will be able to see you jig & your waxworm, etc. Nothing changes on the display, the return signals are just displayed even more crisp. It is kind of hard to explain, you kind of have to see it to believe it.

Bob Schultz
    Wausau,Wi

When you zoom in with an LX-5 do you get a split screen like with an FL-18 so you can see the zoomed in area on one side and the whole water column on the other?

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

Bear, Yes its exactly as you describe it. But the zoom is adjustable throughout the entire water column.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

I use my Lx-3, which does not have the SFL feature, and i use it as long as the depth is 3 feet or more. I use it a lot in 3-5 feet, because most of my local haunts aren’t much more than 8 feet, with 4-5 feet being the norm. Any less than 3 fow, your jig won’t hardly show up because the cone is so tiny. Most of the time i am fishing that shallow, i can site fish anyway. Flashers rule! And to answer the last question, yes the marcums have a split screen zoom view…The left half is the zoomed 5 or 10 foot range which can be adjusted to kee in on anywhere in the water collum, and the right side of the screen is the entire water collum. The zoom feature is an awesome feature to have, especially in weedy areas or in tight schools of fish because you can actually see the seperation on them. I have never used the lx-5 but i am sure it is 10 times better

superdave
    NE IA

Thanks guys, looks like they still haven’t solved my problem. Guess I’ll have to wait for the FL-28!

superdave
    NE IA

I’ll buy it if it does what I want it to!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.