Battery ????

• Boone04
    Fountain city, WI

I have a 2009 skeeter zx200 bass boat. I charged my batteries last sunday and according to the on board charger they were fully charged. So fast forward to today. Boat hasn’t moved and now is plugged back in. The on board charge now says charging like something has been pulling power any idea what would cause this or whats pulling power that I dont know of.

BBKK
    IA

Now that it has been almost an hour, what does it say? Mine always says charging for about 5 minutes and then says charged.. even if I unplug charged batteries for 1 second and then plug back in.

castle-rock-clown

X2 what Kevin says. These chargers do a battery check every time they are plugged into a battery. They wlll show charging during this process.

Boone04
    Fountain city, WI

This is the second time I have noticed this happen says charging for about an hour and half to two hours. If boat sits for weeks batteries will be completly dead (this happened last year)

tsamp
    eldora, iowa

start unplugging things one at a time until you find the culprit

BBKK
    IA

You have a ghost draw. Could be anything. First check would be your trolling motor.

If you want a real quick easy fix, install a master switch on your batteries. Its just any 12V switch with a big amp draw rating about 3″ above your terminal connector on the positive line of your main line. Flip it off and nothing can ghost draw.

Lil Guppy
    Lake City, Mn

My GPS puck has a draw. Unplug that from your graph if you have a separate puck(not an internal antenna) and see if your battery still drains.

igotone

what motor is on it?

I know my merury’s draw power — its not much

unhook one of leads to battery and just touch post

if you see a spark U know U could a draw

I unhook my postive lead when I know it is going 2 sit awhile

No onboard charger 4 me

eyekatcher
    Lakeville, MN

I had a boat that used to trash batteries by draining them all the time.
    Finally tracked it to the radio memory positive lead.
    Once I put a switch on that, the batteries lasted forever.
    just lost all the preset stations.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

You can trace it as suggested and try to figure out what’s pulling the power.

Or you can just install a master cutoff switch on the battery terminal or get really fancey with an A/B/Both switch. Personally, I prefer the cutoff switch. Then no matter what gets left on, etc, the whole system is dead.

Grouse

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Same thing with my pontoon. I just pull one battery lead now.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.