Minn Kota Terrova lockdown systems…

• iceman35
    upstate New York

gonna be getting a Terrova trolling motor soon and need info about locking the motor down in stowed position… seen the RAM deal but was wondering if anything out else available… Pics always a nice touch!! Have a great holiday!!

kroger3
    blaine mn

The RAM mount will stabilize the head and prevent unwanted deployment while running rough water.

You can also slide the height collar all the way down when the motor is in the stowed position. This will preven an accidental deployment but the head still whips around.

I have run the ram mount on all my boats and only part I do not like is when my muskie net gets stuck on it when landing fish solo. One of my boats I had a 6″ traxsteck track the ball mount slide into so I could remove it when not needed.

396ranger
    Cottage Grove MN

I’m sure this will jinx me. I’ve had mine for about 6 years and it only deployed once on me. The problem was the front cradle got loose but that was after 5yrs of sitting on the front of my boat and never looking at it.

If you feel the need to lock it down the ram mount works or you could use the Velcro rod straps.

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

I used the Velcro industrial type cost me 3 bucks and 2 stainless screws to hold the Velcro works great and cheap. Me personally I hate trying to hook up the Ram mount.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.