Titintiller – for Yahmaha 75 – 4 stroke

• FFB
    NW-Wisconsin

Any input on this equipment? good -bad – or indiffernet – looking to purchase for motor? thanks Pork

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

I have it on a 90 Yamaha and it works as advertised.

The only negative I have is that hydraulic pressure builds
    up on warmer days and you have to manually release the pressure or your arm will fall off trying to turn it.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

What is a titintiller?

impalapower
    Madison, WI

Quote:

What is a titintiller?

He meant Titan Tiller. Its an antifeedback steering system for tillers.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Cool looking product. Would think it might be a little over kill for a 75hp motor. Mine 75 Yamaha just doesn’t seem to have much resistant to turn by hand. On the move I just trim it up to that sweet spot and it turns just fine. I also went to sitting on the back deck while running the boat. Much nicer to steer the tiller arm as its beside you than sitting in the chair and trying to steer it from behind you.

crosby-stick
    Crosby MN

They are sold out and not making any more at this time …Sad deal… Only making them for the Mercs

ranger617t
    Green Bay, Wis

I have a 2000 Yamaha 80hp 4 stroke tiller, only problem I have is that it can be a little hard to start in the cold weather.
    otherwise no problems!

koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

Quote:

They are sold out and not making any more at this time …Sad deal… Only making them for the Mercs

Not true.

The Titan is the non powered version.

Tim Merten sold the powered version to Merc.

Ive had the Titan on my Yami F75 for 6 years now. I wouldnt own a bigger tiller without it.

Its great for running big water when you have to trim up to keep the bow down in bigger waves.

If you fish small lakes and or rivers that might not be an issue for you.

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

I definately see a benefit when fishing big water which is where I spend the majority of my time. On a windy day my arm becomes fatigued when negotiating waves on a 5 mile run. A few long runs with a several moves between, my arm becomes sore toward the end of the day.

jeff_3272

Actually it is true. Both systems are now Mercury only. Whatever is already built will be the last of them for anything other than Mercury.

walinutz
    Cologne, MN

Do they make one for the E-tec?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.