ONYX Float Jacket?

• pete/ny
    Youngstown NY

Happy Easter to all!! I am looking to buy a float jacket and the Mustangs are alittle pricey for me. I have seen the ONYX brand and look pretty nice for the money. They are USCG Approved and wonder if anyone here uses them and I would appreciate their thoughts on them. I also see Sterans has them also. Thanks in advance.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I have several friends who own them and are really happy with them.i also am going to get one this season. I think happy with one

pete/ny
    Youngstown NY

Thanks for the reply.Could you ask them if they run true to size to allow for a sweatshirt or pullover under the jacketor have to order a larger size for this?

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

You can contact Rico over on the hunting side. He has access to some discount coupons. I’m not sure if they apply to this product, but it’s worth asking.

Rico

FryDog62

My question is whether they are waterproof and have a hood. Some of the coldest days I have had on the water is when its 45 degrees and raining. If not waterproof, can you wear a gore tex shell either over or under it without being too bulky?

pete/ny
    Youngstown NY

I have heard that they are not waterproof and no there is no hood.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Comfortable enough for women to wear…

Versatile enough for the warmer weather..

Worn by all the cool people…

Water proof with a built in hood.

http://www.floattech.com The other choice.

bigdog mn

I have an older Stearns in a Lg and just bought an Onyx in XL last fall for duck hunting. Jackets are almost identical. I’m about 255 and can wear the Xl over a fleece top and insulated bibs. Not waterproof and no hood. Jacket is very comfortable, I wear it while rowing and shooting.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.