Rock Guard or ?

• norge

What suggestions do you guys have for protecting the boat while trailering on gravel roads? Let me here some specific brands and maybe some links. I am shopping.
    Lloyd

chubby
    Bloomington

I use ears, as soon as you hear stones hitting the wheel wells then they are hitting and chipping the boat. Low speed = low chips, high speed = high chips.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I use a Towtector. If I towed on gravel a lot, I would probably look into a guard that mounts to the front of the trailer as well.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

What suggestions do you guys have for protecting the boat while trailering on gravel roads? Let me here some specific brands and maybe some links. I am shopping.

Lloyd

Rock Knockers are the best (or something like them). http://www.montanarockguards.com/

In my experiences the Tow Tectors suck on real gravel roads (Canada) and make the problem worse. Tow Tectors are perfect if you drive tar roads to concrete ramps.

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Quote:

Rock Tamers from Cabelas.

-J.

I use rock tamers as well. They work for most rocks, but the rock knockers probably offer the best protection.

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

I have this hanging in my garage that I will part with.

Bought it for a short term gravel road detour a few summers
    ago.

Mounts to the 2 x 2 receiver hitch.

swlund
    Cuba City, WI

I have a Towtecter. Don’t run a lot of gravel but I like it and seems to stop most gravel.

Chris H

dandorn – PM sent

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.