75 yamaha 4 stroke

• run&gun
    MN

Why does the water pump not start spraying water right away when the water is real cold? It takes a couple minutes before it does. It runs great have that.

lonewolf
    La Crosse, WI

Thermostat to bring the engine temp up faster in cold weather.

castle-rock-clown

The tattle tail line is very small diameter and that coupled with below freezing temps can clog with an ice particle that thaws with a little motor heat. Best bet is to take it easy till it flows and not run her to hard till warmed up.

gary d
    cordova,il

Could the water pump be worn enough that it takes it a little longer to pump water though the engine?

kroger3
    blaine mn

Thermostat is not open yet.

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

Quote:

Thermostat is not open yet.

The same thing use to happen on my 60hp Merc 4-stroke, always scared the crap out of me

There were several times I was ready to throw the boat back on the trailer cause I thought something was wrong

It’s normal in cold weather for it to take a few min to warm up enough before it starts to pee

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

yup…. normal, happens on my Yamaha 115… I also freaked first time.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Same thing on my 75hp. Just take it easy until it starts peeing. Let it sit and idle or just run at slow speed. Had one very cold trip where it never did thaw out. I always figured it was just a frozen line.

run&gun
    MN

Normally I just let it idle til it starts spraying. Just always wondered why it took a few minutes in cold weather.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.