Tiller or Wheel

• Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

Quote:

Just out of curiosity what boat did you have Tom?

I had a Lund 1650 Preditor with a 60 Evinrude tiller.

Burr

Quote:

2025 prov LE. best of both worlds. the cockpit is set back so you are sitting where you would if it was a tiller. single consel for room to fish and 225hp powerplant to get it up on plane. mount the kicker on the starboard side and you are set up just like a tiller. the big tillers did not come out until the year after i got this boat. there isn’t a boat that will do it all, but this one comes close for the way that i fish

I’m runnin the same as puddle. Mine has a 275 Vrod, love the boat, too bad they don’t make them anymore.

If you are too concerned about the early season, late season protection of a windshield, keep in mind you can have a dodger top made for a tiller and do something close to a windshield on those days you really want it.

I rarely use my dodger top, but when I have it’s been appreciated. Not so much for running, as it was for keeping the wind off us and better feel on the jigging rod. The days when the wind is blowing so hard you can’t feel the jig…. Drop anchor off the bow, step into the dodger top, and have complete feel of the jig in 30 mph winds.

Not sure what I’ll get next time since they don’t make an LE. Maybe a 2075 Pro V tiller?

Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.