Universal Sonar

• TJ
    Hammond, WI

Looking to buy a new bow mount and am wondering if US2 is worth the extra money. Seems like it would be a pain to rig up a ducer to the trolling motor but I know people do it. What do you guys do…universal sonar or not. I’m going to pair it with an elite 7 w/o HDI…just 2-d sonar and chartplotter.

Ingy

I’d say do it.
    The guys at Motor Clinic advised me not to, saying you get a better sonar signal using the manufacturer’s transducer, but after breaking 2 transducer cables in the last 2 years, I wish I hadn’t listened to them.
    I’m running a Terrova and I really baby it now when I’m deploying or lifting the motor.
    Ingy

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

I love mine. Haven’t had any issues with it. Sonar signal seems to be the same as what I see at the console

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

I also have an US2 and I have only one issue in the 2 years I have had it.

My issue was … I hit a stump submerged while trolling down stream and took transducer right OUT !

Other than that it has been flawless

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Go with the US2.

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

The US2’s are great. Just make sure your power wires for your unit are wired directly to your battery (not a trolling motor battery). This will greatly reduce the risk of electrical interference.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.