North metro ss prop repair?

• basseyes

Does anybody know of a good place to have a stainless steel prop repaired in the north metro?

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I’ve had them done by Formula, and they’ve done fine. I tend to ship mine to Soderbloom’s now. Including shipping, his prices and turnaround time are tough to beat. And he does great work.

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

Quote:

http://www.formulapropeller.com/

x2. Never had to repair a prop but have seen their work and they are very knowledgeable when it comes to getting the right prop set up on your boat.

basseyes

We go by Soderblooms to get to deer camp in Meadowlands. Great information, thanks. Cool you can ship it to them, that seems very handy.

basseyes

Went with Formula Marine and have been very happy with them. Very knowledgeable and willing to work with you on props. I learned a lot and they will be getting my business in the future. Had a five blade merc prop on a 225 optimax. Way over kill on a 2025 Lund pro v. It had great hole shot but not much top end. The prop had a big chunk out of it and wasn’t fixable. Got a four bladed aluminum as a spare and went out last week to check the rpms with it. Was running around 5600 rpms with the four blade. There was little to no difference between the four and five blade props with hole shot. But top end increased greatly. Picked up a three bladed stainless used for $200 that looks new. They also checked the lower unit for no charge. And did a great repair on a beat up old prop for a 35 hp Evinrude. Kind of nice to have a great customer service experience vs the big box shops.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I used to drive past their shop daily. Their new location is not so convenient for me, though.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.