Upgrading from Power Drive to Terrova

• brucea
    Maplewood,MN

I now have a 55# Power Drive with auto pilot. Thinking of going to a 55# Terrova with I-Pilot.
    What will I gain?
    I have very little knowledge on the I-Pilot.

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

You will love it. The spot lock is great and I rarely use my foot pedal any more. I just use the remote. Cant imagine not having my terrova after using it the last 3 years.

cupspits

If you can afford it upgrade to the 80lb 24 volt terrova you’ll be extremely happy with all the power

liar
    Lakeville

I agree with cup.
    I’m not sure what size boat you have. I went from the 55# power drive to an 80# terrova. ( I don’t have the I pilot yet) If you have room for 2 batteries you will love it. I have a 18′ boat and the 55 just couldn’t handle the river current or have much power for weedy bass fishing. I am amazed at how well the terrova manages the batteries. You won’t be disappointed.
    Good luck

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

The iPilot is a must have! You’ll be amazed at how much it will help your fishing. You’ll spend a lot less time concentrating on driving the boat and more time fishing.

Like others have said, go with the 24v 80, you would never complain about too much power.

dog2th
    Omaha, NE

Bruce,
    Did you ever wish you had a fishing buddy who could handle the boat the way you wanted without ever spilling coffee, or telling you stories about foot fungus, or annoying you in any way? Terrova is that fishing buddy. I,too, have never connected the foot control. I now fish from the back of the boat because Terrova is driving and he knows where I want to go. Oh yea, and he never gets sick, never has to go to his daughter’s dance recital, and is never late to the boat ramp. He likes to have his batteries recharged occasionally, but he absolutely earns it.
    iPilot Link is even BETTER!
    Pinch me……

stevenoak

I agree with everything said. Plus the Terrova doesn’t sound like you are grinding feed when it turns. My foot pedal is in a compartment in case my remote quits on me.

shockers
    Rochester

After using my Dad’s spot lock last summer on Sakakawea I reealllyyyy want to upgrade. Especially come in handy on the Mississippi where I do most of my fishing. Just out of curiosity to those who’ve bought the 80 pound Terrova with the ipilot…what’s a ball park “good deal” for that? I’ll start keeping my eye out. A little too pricey for me at the moment, but I wanna watch for deals.

brucea
    Maplewood,MN

Quote:

If you can afford it upgrade to the 80lb 24 volt terrova you’ll be extremely happy with all the power

I have a 16.5 Alumacraft Lunker. I don’t really want to make room for another battery and carry the extra weight. Thanks for the suggestion.

swlund
    Cuba City, WI

Not to steal your thread but I will have a one year old I-pilot for sale as soon as SBC receive their I-pilot links and get it installed on my boat. PM me. Thanks

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.