I PILOT PROBLEM

• blakeb
    MN

when i hit any button on the remote it just lights up every icon on the display and does nothing at all, has anyone know what the fix is, low batteries in the handheld? I no longer have the owners manual and am dead in the water so to speak.

dave53
    Altoona, WI

I wondered if it was a heat issue with Ipilots. I was out yesterday and everytime I hit an arrow on the remote to steer, the motor just rotated until all the cords were wound up. I had to grab the foot pedal to stop the rotation. After the fourth time (I’m a slow learner) I just quit using it. I took the battery out and it was essentially dead. I replaced the battery and hope that solves it.

I would start with checking the battery in your remote. I’m hoping that solves my problem.

Dave

norge

Make sure your trolling motor is plugged in and then check/replace the transmitter battery.

Sean Reames

You can try re-learning your remote to your i-pilot. make sure your trolling motor is powered on and hold down the learn button on the trolling motor head for a couple seconds, while holding the learn button press any button on the remote and the i-pilot should beep. if that doesn’t work change the battery in your remote and try to re-learn the remote again.

blakeb
    MN

Thanks for the fast reply’s fellas, i fixed it, the battery was the culprit.

joeyno5
    Rochester MN.

Mine was doing the same thing, put in a new battery and used it for 10 hours and worked like a champ. The next weekend the same thing started happening!

olisflyrod
    Lakeville MN

My new I-pilot remote went dead the 3rd time I used it. New battery fixed it. Looks like it is a good idea to keep spares in the boat

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.