Impeller ?

• wade
    Cottage Grove, MN

So I need to put in a new impeller on my motor, wondering where you can buy it and if there is anything specific you need to know or ask before getting one?

The motor is a 2002 Yamaha OX66

tsamp
    eldora, iowa

Check your model # on the outboard and google yamaha marine parts. Boat Instructions are on you tube. “Changing impeller yamaha OX66”

brucea
    Maplewood,MN

I just changed mine. I ordered it from iboats.com. I ordered it Sunday afternoon and it was delivered Wednesday. When you order, order the water pump kit. My motor was a Yamaha 40.hp. I was very happy with the parts . The parts were exact image as the original.

cnv25
    LaCrosse, WI

I just replaced the water pump on my mercury. I got the replacement kit for around $25 from wholesalemarine.com. The kit comes with a new impeller, gaskets, top and bottom water pump cover, and water tube. I changed out my thermostats and plugs too. If your changing the water pump its a good idea to change the thermostat if your motor has them. My impeller still looked in ok shape, but with the change the pressure gauge shows almost double the water pressure.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

This is good to see. I’ve got a 2000 Yamaha OX66, love it. But I know the time is coming soon to change that out.

wade
    Cottage Grove, MN

thanks for the tips and links greatly appreciated, certainly doesn’t appear to be as complex as I thought it would be.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.