IPilot Issue Update

• wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

Took the V2 and IPilot to the authorized service center today. We tested everything.

Tried another remote, no luck.
    Tried hooking in another IPilot head, No luck
    Disconnected and hooked up a pedal (worked fine)

No matter what we did, the remote only shows the prop speed and weather or not the prop is on.

Stumped them with this one. Minnkotta was off today for the holiday, so I’ll hear more back this week sometime.

milemark_714

Did they fully test the control board?The one on my pre-V2 is doing wacky things.Pedal is fine,did a swap.Any info I could find online suggested a different CB.

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

That’s what they’re waiting to talk to the company about. The board was just replaced, so we’ll have to see. It pretty much has to be in the trolling motor since a brand new IPilot head won’t do anything either.

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Sounds like it is time for a terrova.

milemark_714

Quote:

I am thinking the same myself.I’ve read that you can install a V2 CB on a non-V2 motor,and have use of iPilot.Even with a tweak to also use the foot pedal.Economics play in there,but do the Terrovas have the CB issues that V2s and older models had/have?

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Quote:

Quote:

I am thinking the same myself.I’ve read that you can install a V2 CB on a non-V2 motor,and have use of iPilot.Even with a tweak to also use the foot pedal.Economics play in there,but do the Terrovas have the CB issues that V2s and older models had/have?

Excuse my morning stupidity, but what does CB stand for? Circuit Board? I don’t think the terrovas have the same issues as the power drives, but they are not without problems. I had an issue with mine with the power head throwing a brush, but I still like the motor.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

I’ve had no issues with mine, except the first two days I had it on the water testing it out (one year ago last March)when I dumped 3 12 volt optimas bone dry. I’ve checked out the complete system at that time, found no faults and I have never again repeated the issue.

A fine machine,
    36 volt Terrova I-Pilot, 101 thrust US2 in a 60 inch shaft.

milemark_714

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Excuse my morning stupidity, but what does CB stand for? Circuit Board? I don’t think the terrovas have the same issues as the power drives, but they are not without problems. I had an issue with mine with the power head throwing a brush, but I still like the motor.

CB-short for control board.That’s what MinnKota calls them.Kinda like the mother board for a trolling motor.

PickerelSlough
    Dakota County, Minnesota

Maybe I misunderstand your post but have you read that a PowerDrive V1 non-auto pilot can be doctored somehow to install an ipilot? If so, please pass along where I can read up on that. I would love to save $1000+ vs buying new by making my old power drive ipilot capable.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.