IPILOT remote issue

• wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

I’ve had a powerdrive IPilot for about 3 months now. My remote only gives me all of the functions about 1/3 of the time. The remote only shows the prop, and the prop speed number. It beeps at me when I try to use any other features.

Anybody seen this issue? It’s been doing it for a few months, and I’d hoped it was just me, but it’s definitely not working the way it should.

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

You buy the right system?

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

Yep, worked for a while, after a few uses it only shows the prop and prop speed.

No idea why. I had it re-learn the remote also.

skeeterbite
    illinois

I had a iossue with mine, called minn kota, they said to change the battery, sounds crazy but it worked. I only had it for a couple of weeks before i changed the battery. Hope this helps

mcrew
    zumbrota,mn

I just got to ask do they make a ipilot for the powerdrive now i thought you had to have a v-2 or terrova ?

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

It’s a V2

stuart
    Mn.

Quote:

I just got to ask do they make a ipilot for the powerdrive now i thought you had to have a v-2 or terrova ?

Added one to my power drive 2 yrs ago.Best thing I ever put on my boat!

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

swap the remote out at an authorized service center or call Minn Kota directly. I haven’t had very prompt service via email, but on the phone they are quick. They will get you a new remote and a shipping label to return the old one.

milemark_714

Quote:

It can be done with a part swap.You will lose the foot pedal though.I’d much rather have the iPilot than the old style pedal.It was discussed on another board that a non-V2 can become a V2,thus allowing installation of iPilot(round plug).

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

Well, changed the battery and still no good. Looks like I’ll be calling in tomorrow to get a new remote.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.