Easiest way to make my EchoMap 73sv portable.

• Dan Halicki

Long story short, I have this unit permanently mounted on my boat, cables all ran to battery, screwed and siliconed transducer ect. I fish some remote lakes that I dont take my boat to and also a few trips a year with buddies where we rent a boat or pontoon ect. It never bothered me before not having one or using the rentals, but the quickdraw contours is amazing and Id really love to map some of these lakes I dont take my boat to. So does anyone have any knowledge of the transducer I would need to purchase? I see quite a few on their site but I cant find anywhere on my units box or instruction manual which transducer I have and would need. I want to make sure I maintain the functions (mostly quickdraw) with whatever transducer I would get. I looked into the ice fishing kit to make it fully portable, however that skimpy transducer I am sure doesn’t support quickdraw. I obviously plan to build a portable wood assembly ect to mount transducer to and over side or back of boat, I would never be using at higher speeds so that doesnt need to be crazy, its just the mapping creation Id love to have.

Any feedback or ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Dan

Henpecked

Here is from the Garmin site.

Attachments:
    1. Capture.png

catnip
    south metro

I believe it is a gt-52 transducer.

Dan Halicki

Thanks guys. I believe you are correct catnip, but I won’t be spending $300 for a transducer for this, ha.

Henpecked, thanks for that. In there it lists the ducers that will coordinate with Quickdraw and lists “any Chirp enabled, clearvue Garmin ducer” and looking at their transducers they have a FT21-TM that shows both of those, however my stock ducer is 12-pin and that one lists at 8-pin so I’m assuming that won’t work, even though I have it set to only show me compatible transducers with my model.

Robert Duncan

Sign up for overton deals, they have been offering 15-20% off any one item and then do the $200 rebate, take panoptix’s down even cheaper.

Dan Halicki

Just as a follow up in case someone searches this in the future. I did purchase the GT 30 12-pin ducer to run as a portable unit, all functions seem fine on it for mapping and navigation, however the standard sonar function does not show up as an option. Just navigation, DI and SI.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.