Eagle River Wisconsin Ice Conditions

• CrappieKing78

Supposed to take family vacation next week to Eagle River. Can anybody tell me what the ice conditions are? That’s all I’m looking for, no secret spots or anything like that. Just don’t want to drive 5+ hours to not be able to get on the ice. TIA

Wisconsincanman
    Tomahawk, Wi

I’m south west of Eagle River, you should have no problem, plenty of ice up here. I was scouting out Trout Lake north of Minocqua, and that is ice cover now, and that a big, deep lake. Lots of UTV’s, and 3 wheelers out. Good luck !

reverend
    Rhinelander, WI

I’m within 15 miles of Eagle River and fish all around it. Our ice conditions are good, overall and I haven’t seen less than 6″ anywhere in the last week or so. Most lakes holding 8″ of good clear ice with not a lot of variabily. With almost no snow we’re making ice daily and a deep freeze coming for Christmas. Most lakes are now seeing 4-wheeler traffic. You should be golden.

***Disclaimer*** Don’t take my word for it, I can only vouch for what I’ve seen. Channels, narrows always freeze last and least. Large, deep lakes as well. Still use your early precautions-spud bar, picks, etc., ESPECIALLY if yours are the only tracks on that particular ice.

All that aside, we’re shaping up for great ice this year. Good luck!

Eric G
    Eagle River,WI

I live in Eagle River and the lakes are great right now…anywhere from 6-8 inches of good clear ice is to be found…I had heard someone today mention that Trout is still open…im assuming lakes like North twin and Long up near Phelps are sketchy at best in the middle of those lakes..all in all good time to come up test the waters…lots of walleye and crappie happening now

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.