Eagle River area snow/ice report

• vinella

Anybody near the Eagle River, WI area? Wondering how much snow you ended up getting from this storm and about how much snow is on the ice? Heading up Thursday afternoon for a couple days of fishing and wondering how much snow to plan for. Any general ice thickness estimates would be awesome as well. Thanks

Wisconsincanman
    Tomahawk, Wi

I live in the Tomahawk area, we got 9″ here Sunday, I’m not sure how much they got. A few co-workers were out fishing Saturday, and they said there was 4-6″ on the Spirit Flowage west of Tomahawk. It’s going to get -10 to -15 below tonight. I would suggest visiting the Lake Link Wisconsin Fishing report page, type in the lake your going to, you may find a current report, and contact a bait shop in town, they may help you too, good luck. I was out 2 weeks ago and caught a few walleyes, only 2 1/2″ then.

Michael Saal
    Merrill, Wi

Kurt’s Island Sports Shop does a weekly fishing report he usually puts out on Tuesday. It’s available on this site under Minocqua lake report Musky Ben takes care of posting it. He also posts on his web page, Facebook page, and Lake-Link on the Vilas County thread. Let us know how you do. I’m from the Merrill area and fish up there.

vinella

Thanks for the info fellas! I’ll post a report after. Mainly targeting walleyes with some crappie fishing mixed in if the bite is slow.

Michael Saal
    Merrill, Wi

Here’s today’s report.

Attachments:
    1. C200D61B-FD56-403C-B6E8-75015DA3F712.jpeg

Eric G
    Eagle River,WI

catfish and cranberry are NOT repeat NOT FISHABLE atm lots of snow and only 1 and 1/2 inches of ice out from braywood launch someone on lake link aid they tried to get out anjd put a foot in over there…I have heard tht lac vieux desert has 4 inches of ice though

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.