Dutchboy’s Friday Night topic Wednesday edition- Cafe’s

• BigWerm
    SW Metro

Few weeks ago made a random stop at Dave’s Cafe in Willow River, MN. Great little cafe in a gas station with prices from the 90s. Food was solid and the Cook was ornery, just how it should be imo 😂. What are your go-to cafes or breakfast spots?

Attachments:
    1. 7236ACA6-0149-4648-B03D-AD2778F167BF-scaled.jpeg

2. 02F8805C-D65D-4E5D-A73A-8E804A14D6FE-scaled.jpeg

3. 712375A6-1CEB-4F34-97E9-46C6DA342C56-scaled.jpeg

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Gateway Cafe in Onamia, MN. Used to stop there frequently on our way up to Mille Lacs. Haven’t been there in a while now though.

grubson
    Harris, Somewhere in VNP

Kafe Stuga in Harris. Good Scandinavian style cooking. Low prices and generous portions.
    It’s almost like going to grandma’s house for breakfast.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

RJ Riches in Mounds View, Their side of bacon is 1lb and they have a pancake that will feed 4 people.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Kafe Stuga in Harris. Good Scandinavian style cooking. Low prices and generous portions.
    It’s almost like going to grandma’s house for breakfast.

This is our go to. We eat many breakfasts and dinners here.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Family tradition in Cloquet

When i posted about Hot Beef Commercials last year i went to Bumps in Glencoe. I would definitely go there again

I used to go to the wilbert cafe in Cotton often as its really close to my hunting property. Cozy place with a cool backstory but the food has gone downhill quite a bit in the last 10 years. Still a good place to grab some coffee and something simple

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Northwinds in Nevis is pretty good spot too. I don’t really have a go to place in the SW metro, there’s plenty of good places but they are more “chefy” and I’m only dropping a hundo on breakfast every once in a great while. The 2 times I was at the Willow River place it was under $10 for a solid breakfast, I can’t get full on McDonald’s breakfast for that.

Deuces

Hard to say any particular one is better than other, love the small outdated Gma looking cafes anywhere and everywhere.

Stugga is great.

Emily’s cafe in the town next to biwabek always had great specials.

Big papa’s in crystal is good.

Victors cafe over southside is great cuban food.

We were at a lil spot over south suburbs for a softball tourney and stopped at a spot that had cinnamon rolls the size of a plate and it literally had a cup of glazing on it, ridiculously good, and I’m not a huge fan of cinnamon rolls.

xplorer
    Cloquet, MN

Family Tradition here in Cloquet.
    And when we go see our son at college at UW-Stout, we hit Menomonie Family restaurant for brunch every time we before heading home.
    More than once, I’ve called one or the other Menomonie Family Tradition grin

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Unfortunately it didn’t work out for me to stop in at Family Tradition in Cloquet while up bear hunting the area but will definitely try next time I’m up.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

oh fat nats eggs in new hope. if you havent been there check them out. they make all their own turkey and meats from scratch in the kitchen

Brad Dimond

I won’t be hunting this year but will be going to deer camp as cook and dishwasher. I’ll definitely hit Family Traditions on the way up to camp. We used to hit the Wilbert but, as stated, food quality.has gone downhill. Scrambled eggs, bacon and toast are all I’ll eat there these days.

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

Only been there once, but Viddles and Joe in Hackensack was fantastic for breakfast on our way home from Cass last spring. Will be stopping in again.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I’ve passed family traditions about 10 times in the last month, including about a hour ago. Sounds like it’s worth the stop next time ?

Dave maze
    Isanti

The omelets at keys are crazy good. The toast and home made jam they serve with it is fantastic as well.

B-man

If a place serves breakfast and doesn’t serve Bloody Mary’s I won’t step foot in their door (seriously) mrgreen

I love “The Prime” in Trego, awesome food and simple bloodys that are somehow amazing.

The “Thirsty Otter” in Balsam Lake is another place we often go and enjoy.

There’s also a bar in Algoma (can’t remember the name right now) that has a killer breakfast and out-of-this-world Bloody Marys, they have chicken wings, donuts, soft pretzel, cheese, meat, etc etc etc and can me a meal all in their self waytogo

eyeguy507
    SE MN

I’m from the south so any ma and pa diner on my up to LOW is a must. Back in the day the little diner in Deer River was a must stop for us. hungry on the way up or hungover on the way home. Wheelers resort on the RR had a great breakfast but I am sure they are all fantastic.

Coletrain27

I’ve passed family traditions about 10 times in the last month, including about a hour ago. Sounds like it’s worth the stop next time ?

I was there a few years ago and it was decent food

Coletrain27

I’m from the south so any ma and pa diner on my up to LOW is a must. Back in the day the little diner in Deer River was a must stop for us. hungry on the way up or hungover on the way home. Wheelers resort on the RR had a great breakfast but I am sure they are all fantastic.

lots of good food on lotw. Kenmarkee has some good rotating specials at night. Taco buffet night is good and there pizza is excellent

fishingstar
    central mn / starlake

We stop at the hungry duck in Black duck every time we go to red lotw.

Nodakk

Darcy’s cafe in Grand Forks is by far the best. Used to eat there at least twice a week.

The Lake Cafe in Big Lake is pretty dang good.

K-Bob in Princeton also serves up a solid breakfast.

Any place with a horseshoe bar and some retired gentlemen posted up is going to have some good food.

rumriverrunner

Pappys Cafe in Andover is worth mentioning.

Sharon
    SE Metro

Gotta mention Rock Creek Cafe in Pine City! Been years since I’ve been there but they had something Billy really liked – it was called a Haymaker or Haystack maybe. Pretty much all the big breakfast favorites piled atop one another. It was very filling! shock

carver
    West Metro

Few weeks ago made a random stop at Dave’s Cafe in Willow River, MN. Great little cafe in a gas station with prices from the 90s. Food was solid and the Cook was ornery, just how it should be imo 😂. What are your go-to cafes or breakfast spots?

I always wanted to stop there.

My favorite now is the Montana in Cook. Maybe I’m just biased cause I live there.

Reef W

Gotta mention Rock Creek Cafe in Pine City!

I’m not big on stopping for breakfast but I’ve stopped here a few times when other people want to and it’s always been good.

It’s closed now as far as I know but the breakfast special at Stony River Cafe in Isabella always hit the spot after camping. And the best part was when ATV hunters would brag about their grouse and Tom (the owner/cook) would ask “oh yeah, you shoot em out of the air?” and watch them squirm lol

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Gotta mention Rock Creek Cafe in Pine City! Been years since I’ve been there but they had something Billy really liked – it was called a Haymaker or Haystack maybe. Pretty much all the big breakfast favorites piled atop one another. It was very filling! shock

The rock creek Cafe is pretty ok. If you guys liked that then the stugga in Harris would definitely be your style

big_g
    Isle, MN

Country corner cafe in Isle

Breakfast is their focus !! Quick funny story from there… years ago, we stopped in once while snowmobiling… maybe hungover… one guy, he’s funny but doesn’t try to be… the waitress asks him “what kind of eggs do you want ?”… after about a 5 second inquisitive look from him to her he says… “well… chicken” rotflol rotflol rotflol

CaptainMusky

one guy, he’s funny but doesn’t try to be… the waitress asks him “what kind of eggs do you want ?”… after about a 5 second inquisitive look from him to her he says… “well… chicken” rotflol rotflol rotflol

LMAO

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.