Duluth Harbor

• Mike J
    Wright County

Once the temps cool down some more, I’m thinking of ice fishing the Duluth Harbor. Walking out from MN Point near the airport. I’ve never been. What type of fish is there to catch? Special regs? I’m assuming I need a trout stamp. Anyone been out recently?

Austin Hake

UMD Student who typically fishes on smaller north metro lakes. Spoke to someone who said there was 10+ inches south of the point area. Also am looking to get out there in the coming weeks, maybe get on a walleye bite

xplorer
    Cloquet, MN

I havnt been out there yet this year, but there had to be 100 shacks out there on Saturday afternoon when I drove over the High Bridge.
    Most are fishing eye’s, but you may catch northern or sturgeon out there also. You wont need a trout stamp as they really aren’t in the harbor. Walleye limit is 2, with a 15″ minimum.

Mike J
    Wright County

Thanks guys

olas88

Are people driving or walking out? Sounds fun but I have never been up there for that.

xplorer
    Cloquet, MN

Walking mainly (might have been a few wheelers Saturday). Its really not that far to walk out, and the shipping channel on the Superior side is still opened up.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.