Duck call

• sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

I am on the search for a new duck call. Help me out. I want something easy to blow. I have one single reed and a couple double reeds that are decent, but when I am crouched down in the boat or blind or need to call for an extended period of time I need something easy on the lungs.

I want it to have a good feeder call, the hail call I can do on any call, but when it comes to finishing the ducks a good feeder call is key!

404 ERROR
    MN

DLC Quiet Timber for sure. Easily the best call I have ever owned. Mine is a single reed and can do it all with ease. I’ve noticed it doesn’t have as many “ducks” in it like a quality double reed, but the trade-off is worth it IMO. Mine’s acrylic, not wood.

deertracker

I have an old wood one that is very easy to blow and makes a great feeding call that never binds up. They can be found in eBay. It’s an OLT DR-115.
    DT

sticker

I have an old wood one that is very easy to blow and makes a great feeding call that never binds up. They can be found in eBay. It’s an OLT DR-115.
    DT

I love the old Olt wood calls!!! I got a model 77 goose call a couple years ago off ebay and that is my go to call. My $150 custom short reed just hangs on my lanyard now and looks pretty with the coca bolla wood.

sticker

I ran to Cabelas at lunch today and grabbed a Zink ATM green machine. I had a $40 gift card for there anyway. It sounds terrific and it is easy to blow and does a great feeder call. Anxious to give it a whirl Saturday morning.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I run 2 different zink calls and I like them both. I’m just learning and teaching my self to call so I didnt wanna drop a ton on a call

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.