Lost Dog-please help!!

• jeweler
    Wisconsin

**REWARD $500***

I am posting this for my brother.

I am sad to share this, I lost Rosie at Noon on Sunday Duck Hunting. I was on Lake Onamia in Onamia MN on the south side of the lake. I was on an island about 60 yrds from the mainland and She swam out and went to the cattails on the mainland. I called her but she couldn’t hear me and just stood on the cattail shore. I walked my boat over and picked up my decoys and looked back and she wasn’t there. I drove out and grabbed the rest of my decoys and then drove and parked where she was at. She wasn’t there so I thought she had just wondered into the cattails looking for a duck. I wistled and yelled as I put my decoys away but she didn’t come. I started my motor and reved it a few times hoping that she would hear it and come but she didn’t. There were housed a couple hundred yrds south of the cattails and I thought that maybe she wondered that ways so I drove my boat to my truck loaded and drove to the road near the area. I walked out into the marsh looking but I wasn’t able to see any sign. I drove down the road and looked into the marsh again but no sign. I thought that maybe she wondered into the town, so I drove around the streets yelling and asking everyone I seen if they saw her. I went to several houses near the area asking as well as anyone that had a dog in the yard to see if she had been seen. I drove my boat back out up and down the shorline and parked back in the area where she was last at. I walked through the marsh again and looked on every rat house to see if she was in a trap but nothing. I drove back to my truck and drove around the neighborhood again. I called the police and left a message about her and spoke to several other people. I walked through the marsh again whistling and yelling but nothing. As it was getting dark I drove around the town again, went to the hospital and the bar asking but nothing.

I came home, hoping that I would get a call that night or early Monday but nothing. On Monday morning I went on Craiglist and Facebook.com/LDoMN, a site for lost dogs in Minnesota and filled out the form. I went back up to Onamia around 11, called the Sheriff, all the local vets and the humain society asking but oneone had seen her. I looked again through the marsh, drove around town, went to several more businesses, and spoke to several people knocking on doors. I drove to the cabin several miles away hoping she might have made it there but nothing. I spoke with the resort owner close by to watch if she comes.

She was wearing a chain collar that had a red tag with my phone number and (Missy) on it.

At this time I have not heard anything. I hope that she made it to someplace that she is safe.

Thanks for all of those that offered there support. I won’t stop looking for her.

Rosie is a female chocolate lab.

Thanks,

Frank

(763) 443-1594

Any help is good help so please if you know any information please let him know asap.

jeweler
    Wisconsin

GOOD NEWS HE FOUND HER!!!!!!!!! She is alive and doing good and on her way home with my brother. Thanks to everyone for their help and advice. He and his family thank you. Its nice to have a network to help when needed.
    Thanks again,
    Jeweler

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

WOW, such great news!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.