Doggy door

• Pitter patter

Anyone have or bought a doggy door for the house recently? Putting in new windows and doors and one of the doors we’re replacing has a dog door in it our dogs use to get to fenced in yard. Old dog door works but is worn out so we need a new one. If you have a heavy duty one that you like could you tell me a brand? If it’s lockable that would be a plus.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

What size dog do you have? If it is a Mastiff than a normal size door would work or split top. A cat door works well for Chihuahua. The breed size would make a big difference on the choices. We looked into some of the automatic doors but the collar was too big for our Chihuahua and German shepherd was also scared of the one we tested with her.

Pitter patter

What size dog do you have? If it is a Mastiff than a normal size door would work or split top. A cat door works well for Chihuahua. The breed size would make a big difference on the choices. We looked into some of the automatic doors but the collar was too big for our Chihuahua and German shepherd was also scared of the one we tested with her.

sorry thanks for the reply, we have a corgi and a border collie and the door we have is fairly large so I feel a medium door would work. Previous home owner had German Shepherds

mark Mason

I had a house of mine broke into by use of the doggy door a few years back.

Mookie Blaylock
    Wright County, MN

I got one from Home Depot maybe 5 years ago. Works great. Don’t remember the brand or size. I think I installed it a little high, because the dogs have to give a little hop to get through and end up grazing their backs a bit.

Sylvanboat

I had a house of mine broke into by use of the doggy door a few years back.

Did midgets break in?

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

A buddy of mine came home to a racoon in the house that used the doggy door to get in. If they find food they will invite all there friends too.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.