Dog friendly Resorts?

• eyeguy507
    SE MN

Our dogs are like family and we would rather stay home than not bring them along. Although I have found a couple that would qualify, I would like to know if anyone has a suggestion on a dog friendly resort. We would like a cabin on a lake that is fairly remote. We would love a place that is dog friendly that has a private dock for our boat and is in a quiet area of MN. It is tough to sift through all the resorts that allow our furry friends so I am hoping for some suggestions.

Whateverbites

An outside of the box answer, but this is why we purchased a camper. Hard to find dog friendly resorts, but the are always welcome in our fifth wheel. Depending on your state you can tow boat behind 5th wheel.

404 ERROR
    MN

Island View Lodge on Rainy Lake is a good, affordable resort that allows pets.

buschman
    Pool 2

I have stayed at Big Rock resort on Leech a couple times and he allows the dogs. Believe they charge 10 dollars a day extra.. We have only stayed in November chasing Muskies so there was no one else at the resort.
    I don’t know how busy it gets in the summer and the cabins are pretty close together. Would be a harbor dock. No private docks lakeside.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

I have stayed at Pimushe Resort several times near Bemidji. Yes, the lake is remote…only resort on the lake! Can’t say that each cabin has it’s own private individual dock but you would have no concerns. And yes…dogs allowed. We had 3 of them with last time we visited. Worth checking out…?

Welcome to Pimushe Resort

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

Also search VRBO rentals. I believe you can sort by whether places accept pets. We have done this on numerous occasions with our dogs.

ET

Rob92761
    La Crosse WI

An outside of the box answer, but this is why we purchased a camper. Hard to find dog friendly resorts, but the are always welcome in our fifth wheel. Depending on your state you can tow boat behind 5th wheel.

We do the same thing. there is a ton of campgrounds (that are not privately owned) and 9 times out of ten we have the campground to ourselves.

tgruenke
    IGH, MN/Holcombe, WI

voyageur park lodge on Kabetogama

eyeguy507
    SE MN

thanks for all the replies! I am VERY interested in the Kab resort and the VRBO option is an idea I have not even given much thought to. Now I just have to see if there are a few openings?

Mookie Blaylock
    Wright County, MN

Herseths Tomahawk Resort on Kab allows pets for an additional fee. Stayed there a few times, no private dock… The resort has a sand beach so there will likely be more kids there.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.