DNR Seeks public input Pool 2

• Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

What are your thoughts? Seems to me they have no place for dredge sand so this is their solution.

DNR seeks public comment on proposed 38-acre island in Mississippi River in Hastings

https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/news/2020/10/12/dnr-seeks-comments-environmental-assessment-worksheet-lock-and-dam-pool-2-embankment-protective-island

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, St. Paul District is proposing to protect the Lock and Dam 2 embankment from erosion by constructing an offshore protective island. The island would result in a variety of unique habitat types that are not now present in the project area.

You mean the stone cliff embankment on the Dakota side of the river. LOL !!! That river bank aint going anywhere!

Just tell the truth. The Army Corps of Engineers has run out of places to dump Pool 2 dredge. Not news at all.

Why not just spin it as new wildlife habitat area like they did for the Pigs Eye lake area project?

I fully expected a new island after they announced they were going to run the main channel down the Dakota shoreline to straighten out the last few miles of the pool 2 channel.

What am I missing here? Why even put this up for a discussion. It is going to happen, like it or not. And there really is not a whole lot to not like here…..

Oh man,….

-J.

Snap

“Unaccountable government bureaucrats accepting opinions from the unwashed plebeians (for quick deposit into the nearest wastebasket) on new ways to squander millions of dollars of other peoples money…”

john23
    St. Paul, MN

The island idea seems reasonable enough to me. Given the location – just in front and to the side of the dam – it’s hard to have strong feelings about it.

I think they put it out for comment so people like Snap could get angry that the Corps won’t take their opinions into account. Better not to ask at all. LOL

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Towboat US will get less business if they do that rotflol

I agree, there’s no concern over the shoreline there!

Here i was hoping the public requested opinion was to allow 2 lines on P2 shock

john23
    St. Paul, MN

Here i was hoping the public requested opinion was to allow 2 lines on P2 shock

That would be worth commenting on!

Cody Meyers

I would love it if we got 2 lines on P2

Slabtown
    Western Wisconsin

Maybe someone should read the report to get some answers, rather speculate and assume.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.