Dish – Twins game removed tonight??

• lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Anyone know what’s up? On a different channel??

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Maybe they are fighting with Fox.

I have Directv and they are fighting with CBS, some no CBS for me.

I suspect a choreographed dance between the two to justify a rate increase.

navtiller
    chippewa falls

Fox Sports and Dish Network are in a dispute over money. So, of course we have to go without games until it is settled. Wonder if Dish will give me refund for Sports package. This affects all the local Fox Sports channels across the country. This sucks, was all settled to watch Brewers vs Cubs.

lindyrig79

Son of A……

catmando
    wis

I have the Brewers tonight, but no Twins on Sling.

mille-lacs-guy
    Chaska, MN

I just dropped my DirecTV for YoutubeTV. If you have high speed internet I would cut the cord. I had DirecTV for over 20 years but it just kept getting more expensive.

dk55403

Do a free trial of youtube TV to get you by for a week. We switched to it from directv and are very happy with it.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Sling and dish both dropped FSN over money. Get Hulu and don’t deal with this garbage.

knoppers
    big lake, backus

it goes on and on, all services at one time or another will have this happen. I have had directv, dish and spectrum cable, all three have this come up from time to time. I currently have spectrum at home, and have lost epix and cinemax in the last couple years, that’s with a package that supposed to have every channel. I dumped dish many years ago, I think it was fox sports back then also. I have directv at the cabin, which has done nothing but increase rates every year. its a monopoly all three no dought work together.

Dan
    Southeast MN

I just dropped my DirecTV for YoutubeTV. If you have high speed internet I would cut the cord. I had DirecTV for over 20 years but it just kept getting more expensive.

Do a free trial of youtube TV to get you by for a week. We switched to it from directv and are very happy with it.

I’m about to do this as well. I did the homework and Youtube TV has almost exactly all the channels my wife and i want, which is a lot considering I want to watch almost every MN baseball, football, and hockey game, plus a few channels with good shows, plus all the housewives shows my wife watches. Once I make the switch we will be paying about half the price.

Plus you can have shows “recorded” (it’s streaming so it’s more like when you add something on Netflix) and basically take it with you wherever (phone, tablet, laptop, etc.)

DirecTv costs too much damn money and their online streaming competitors are going to get a good share of the market for offering a very similar product for much left.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Check our Hulu plus, too. Get a free trial and go month to month. All the channels plus locals. We love it….40 bucks a month and hundreds of channel plus streaming.

dk55403

And the best part is there is no contract for sling, hulu, and youtube tv. So hopefully that will keep them from playing games with our local sports channels, movie channels, and hopefully keep the rates down.

B-man

It appears SlingTV just dropped FSN…..fother muclers flame

Couldn’t find the game last night either.

So Hulu plus and Youtubetv still have it?

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Yes…..Hulu Plus screenshot below.

Attachments:
    1. BA538424-4645-4B4B-8239-8086A88E3490.png

catmando
    wis

just signed up for Hulu plus, I have the Brewers but not the Twins

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

The Kaposia club we had the GTG at last night had the game on, but I couldn’t see what channel or service provider it was.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

They are still on Fox Sports North on Directv. Channel 668.

lindyrig79

Any update on this? I just got back from the lake and was planning to watch the Twins game tonight flame We have crappy satellite internet so streaming services aren’t an option.

B-man

No game tonight, next one is tomorrow at 6.

I believe they are still negotiating, but I just jumped ship to Hulu to see how they are, doesn’t sound like that would work for you though.

If anything you could do a free trial and see if it works before committing.

tbro16
    Inactive
    St Paul

Google “reddit stream Twins- ______ (whoever they’re playing). Click a few links and you even have a choice of which telecast to listen to. This applies for any and all sporting events. Pretty easy to link up a laptop to a TV too waytogo

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Anyone have an inside scoop on wether we’ll get FS back soon? MLB Network had the game on today, but of course it’s blocked!

Denny O
    Central IOWA

TWINS GAME REMOVED TONIGHT?
    hah Guys there are always better games to watch! chased

lindyrig79

OK, I think this just hit the fan. I’m hearing that Fox will be blocked in general for all Dish customers. Includes FS1 and regular Fox. Meaning no Twins playoffs or even the Vikings game this Sunday??

Someone please correct me if I am wrong….. flame

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Did you ever check into other internet or cable providers? I find it hard to believe that there are no other options out there.

Do you get a good cellular signal at your house? You may be able to upgrade cell plans and get faster, cheaper internet using your cell service.

T-mobile has some very good unlimited plans that don’t degrade after using a bunch of data.

lindyrig79

Yes I did. There is a cable company that is just 3/4 mile down the road but they will not come down to us. No DSL either.

Our neighbors have been through all the options and currently settled on some high-end satellite internet. It’s expensive but it works well for them but they mostly do Netflix. I would need Hulu or something on top of that to get the sports I want. Costs for going this route were quite a bit higher than what we are currently paying.

Had a post and did some extra research on Verizon as a whole house internet provider. Almost everyone said the data slows way down.

I get a Verizon discount and quite happy with their service range (out in the sticks hunting and fishing all over the place). Haven’t heard very good things about T Mobile unless you are in the city.

Direct TV may be the easiest solution and much as it sucks to say that.

blank

OK, I think this just hit the fan. I’m hearing that Fox will be blocked in general for all Dish customers. Includes FS1 and regular Fox. Meaning no Twins playoffs or even the Vikings game this Sunday??

The Bears vs Vikings game is actually on CBS this week, for some reason.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Haven’t heard very good things about T Mobile unless you are in the city.

Do you live near forest lake? I live in east bethel and have zero issues with t-mobile.

I believe they merged with sprint a couple years ago and resulted in t-mobile having the largest cellular network in the world.

Edit. I see that merger hasn’t happened yet.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.