DH Big Boy Noodle

• Nicholas

What is the big boy noodle designed for? Would it be a good rod for jigging rap and rippin rap for walleye? Or is it better for finicky walleye? I emailed them twice and haven’t gotten an answer yet

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

I have yet to hold that blank in my hand but their web site says:
    DH “Big Boy Noodle” is the BIG brother to the “Al Dente” noodle. The Big Boy is like NO OTHER IceRod on the market. Since DH hand designs his blanks and extensively tests before production we are truly excited to bring his latest creation to you. Imagine a Noodle rod with the ability to use 1/4 to 3/4oz jigs and rippin raps, Jigging raps etc. There is no other noodle on the market that will do what this rod will. Laker’s, Walleye, Pike, Open water jigging..Small jigging raps to large this rod WILL handle it all.
    So from what I was getting is it is a power noodle rod for heaver baits.

Big Boy Noodle

curleytail

I kind of don’t understand it’s purpose either. If using baits that heavy the bites aren’t so subtle that you’d need a noodle rod to detect the bite. In that case I’d rather fish with a graphite rod but that is personal preference.

With that said I have not handled it either and it may fill an intetesting niche.

Tucker

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

I have shape and design a glass rod for working jigging raps and ripping raps. The carbon rod I was using was just too stiff to get that nice little movement needed after attracting their attention. I can see having a beefed up noodle rod could aid in working these kind of baits.

Aaron mccarthy

If you have emailed them 2 times with no response I don’t know if I would buy.

Ryan Scholl

A friend of mine bought the blank to build up. I was excited to see it, but honestly not real sure what you’d use it for after seeing it. really light tip and then into really heavy backbone. too soft and not enough bend for lakers. maybe for walleye? just seemed excessive for a walleye rod.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.