Dewalt flexvolt batteries

• Eric Ahlstrom

How many guys are running these and are they better than the standard dewalt batteries for drilling holes?

tswoboda

They’re pointless unless you have 60v or flexvolt advantage (999 hammer drill) tools

waldo9190
    Cloquet, MN

I got two of them (6ah and 9ah) through the Home Depot deal when I purchased my 999 hammer drill this year, but haven’t run one vs. a “standard” XR battery side by side to evaluate performance.

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

I have 2 6ah that i used this year and they worked better than my 5ah 20v.
    I have an 8″ pistol bit on my drill.

Icefisherguy

I have been running 9ah flex volt batteries this winter with the Dewalt 999 drill and it has been awesome. Far surpassed my expectations. As a bonus, my 8 year old can carry the auger around when we are on the search for fish.

The flex volt batteries do seem to have a little extra oomph compared to a traditional 5ah…but that could be in my head.

Eric Ahlstrom

Thanks for the info. I have been running the normal 6AH Dewalts for the last 4 years and I have fried 4 of them. Looking for options that will last longer.

tswoboda

Thanks for the info. I have been running the normal 6AH Dewalts for the last 4 years and I have fried 4 of them. Looking for options that will last longer.

That’s a lot, all from drilling holes? Same drill the whole time? The 6ah is generally a good battery, would recommend it over the 6ah flexvolt battery.

Eric Ahlstrom

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Eric Ahlstrom wrote:</div>

That’s a lot, all from drilling holes? Same drill the whole time? The 6ah is generally a good battery, would recommend it over the 6ah flexvolt battery.

All of them on the same 999 drill. Been about 1 battery a year. I drill a ton of holes and live way north. So normally drilling through a lot if ice. See the crappie chronicles guys and pictures of Bro using the 9ah flexvolt but I never hear guys talking about the different batteries. Seems like there is no info out there.

tswoboda

All of them on the same 999 drill.

Ahh in that case the flexvolt batteries (and the 8ah) will give your drill more oomph. Shouldn’t change anything regarding durability though.

Here’s a decent video that shows your drill using a standard 5ah 20v, a bigger 8ah 20v, and the 9ah flexvolt. Skip to 13:00 for the comparison.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.