Devils lake tips and tricks

• ontario2016

Hello everyone, me and a couple buddies are planning a trip to the famed devils lake (first trip). We’ve had our share of perch/ walleye trips in the past. But I was hoping for a few pointers and or an open discussion about devils lake. What’s worked for you? Jigs, tactics etc. not looking for any secret spots but looking for a point in the right directions. Just as an FYI I’ve got a baby on the way and guides are out of the question. Any advice will help!

Thanks!!

ontario2016

Also we are heading there in late February. Thanks everyone!!

huskerdu

I have good luck with Small blue Crome jigging raps. I the wonderfull state of ND you can fish 5 lines in the winter.
    Lots of water near Devils Lake, you don’t have to fish the main lake.

Mocha
    Park Rapids

I have good luck with Small blue Crome jigging raps. I the wonderfull state of ND you can fish 5 lines in the winter.
    Lots of water near Devils Lake, you don’t have to fish the main lake.

Might want to recheck your 5 lines. Last I checked it was 4 but I could be wrong.

Buckshots work well along with jigging raps, Darters.

ontario2016

Thanks guys! By the sounds of it they like the minnow profile artificials. That would be a blast to get on top of an aggressive bite. What kind of structure did they relate to the best for you? (Perch/walleye)

Beye

It’s 4 lines! And an interesting year traversing the lake with the large amounts of snow received.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.