Devils Lake ice

• competitor
    South central, mn

Hey IDO,

Does anyone know what the ice is like on Devils lake ND? Heading there Sunday and need to know if we have to bring the wheeler or not. Thanks in advance for the help.

Riebs

gimp

There is from 8 to 15 inch of ice on Devils Lake. Some are driving on the north end of Creel and Six Mile Bays with about 15″ BUT, look out for some of the bays there is various thickness of 8″ or so.

We are also having a lot of pressure ridges forming all over the lake. they have had a few try to cross them and go in so be very careful and good luck.

competitor
    South central, mn

Thanks Gimp, this is my first trip to Devils so I am cautiously excited. Really looking forward to seeing this lake. Merry Christmas!

competitor
    South central, mn

Gimp, I have heard the bite is a little slow with people not being able to get around to find the perch. Is this what you are hearing too? Thanks again, you have been a big help to this rookie!

ndrangerguy
    West Fargo, ND

The walleye action has been awesome. The perch have been slow. Lots of pressure ridges are messing with travel.

competitor
    South central, mn

Thanks ndrangerguy! I would love to catch some big eyes! And maybe a couple eaters. I will miss the perch bite as I have it is awesome when it gets going. Just excited to see a ND lake like Devils.

gimp

Comp Sorry I haven’t gotten back to you but yes to what ndranger guy was say is very true. Good Luck to you fishing Devils Lake and how long plan to be there?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.