Very Disappointing

• gobbler
    Central, MN

Monday night I found out that a good buck was hit by a truck pulling a tractor about a mile away from a property that I have permission to hunt. I contacted the person who hit the buck and found out that they cut off the rack. I asked if they could take a picture of the rack and text me? Which they did.

I also went and took a couple of pics of the buck in the ditch to more or less try and figure out which buck it was. Well, it happens to be a buck that I called Buster and he was a 4.5 year old. I’m a little disappointed to see him go down like this but, it’s also nice to know what happened. Just sucks because he is the 3rd good buck in 2 years that has been hit and killed by a car/truck in this area.

Just goes to show that if a good one does make it and we get an opportunity to harvest, it’s that much more special.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

That is a bummer! Every year we lose at least one good buck to the highway around our place.

flatlandfowler
    SC/SW MN

Sorry to hear that. We had a buck we were all chasing a few falls ago get hit on the road. I know how bad it can take the wind out of your sails. Also makes you really stop for a second and think about how many deer, or animals in general, are put to waste after becoming road kill. Unfortunate for the animal and vehicle. Good luck finding another buck to chase this fall.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.