All I know is that is one nice deer!

dennisdalan
    St Cloud, MN

Quote:

I would bet $ that it was a canned hunt…….RR

Never fails…

ranger777
    OtterTail Cty/Minnetrista

Looks legit to me. I looked up his family in the county records and they own A LOT of land. SE Iowa is crawling with giants like this. You shouldnt be so quick to judge.

tony_p
    Waterloo, IA

Wow what a awsome buck

natureboy
    LaCrosse,WI

if it’s ‘canned’, why does he have his iowa kill tag on the antler.

Nice buck!!!

thinkeyes
    Fairfax, IOWA

Quote:

You shouldnt be so quick to judge.

Agree 100%…awesome buck!

luv2fish
    Marion, IA

Quote:

I would bet $ that it was a canned hunt…….RR

How much $ do you want to bet? You can make the check out to…

His family owns a vast amount of land in southeast IA, some great deer hunting land at that. For shooting a 190 incher, he was quite humble. He shot his first deer at age 9. He also shot a 350 pound black bear with his bow this past spring in Saskatchewan.

Jealous much?

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

S.E. Iowa is only one of the areas where theres big bucks. I used to rabbit hunt in Lee county and bought my second brittney from a family there. I used to hunt that whole area and a couple neighboring counties to the west of there. Bucks are almost everywhere and we kicked up several from the ground we rabbit hunted on. There were nearby timbers but often bucks would bed down in heavy weeded growth too keep hidden and ambush does in the middle of the night when feeding in the meadows and short cut fields. Down in this area alot of hunters select harvest just the big ones because a smaller rack just doesn’t have any appeal, why would a guy hang a 140″ on the wall, which is considered a trophy, when theres quite a few 160’s and better around, a guy just has to spend a little more time in the woods to find them. Theres enough big ones in the timber in this whole area so why would most guys consider a fenced hunt, unless thier from out of state. Unless you have hunted here in diffrent areas and are from this state or out of state its hard to realize the amount of decent bucks there is here with some areas holding very good growth of really nice sized bucks with big racks.

The picture of his buck shows a nice rack and the size of his body is on the upper end of body weight but I’ve seen does close to his body size. I’ve seen does walking away from me while I was in my tree stand that thier shoulders and hips roll from side to side like a big bodied animal would, theres some awful nice sized deer here. Over the years of living here I’ve talked to guys and they have said they almost hit a deer that they thought was as big as a cow. Ive seen a few roadkills of very nice sized deer does and bucks, lots of good nutrition makes big bucks and does. Its not so hard to believe if you’ve spent much time here, which I realize is hard to do for alot of people.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.